Re: @itemid and URL properties in schema.org

Dear Jeni, Jason and all,
Thank you for this useful thread that give some answers to my previous
email
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2011Nov/0021.html>.
It is schema.org choice to use url (property of Thing) as a reference
mechanism to other objects. I understand that "url" was preferred to
"itemid" because of better understanding of the users and easy reusing
of the value.

I would also conclude that while http://schema.org defines the
vocabulary, its extensions principles, and offers examples on how to use
it with microdata annotations, it does not explain how a schema.org
processor will handle these annotations.

Therefore, I would say that *there is no fixed semantics of schema.org*
and this was required from the beginning of the initiative.
In addition, looks like the OWL ontology
<http://schema.org/docs/schemaorg.owl>representation of schema.org does
not sync completely because of some major differences such as
the ones explained by Peter  Mika's email
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2011Nov/0024.html> to
this thread and probably others.

As a continuous learner I will come back with new questions soon.

-Adrian Giurca