Re: Schema: LodgingBusiness

From: Jason Ronallo <jronallo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:31:58 -0500
To: Jon Parro <jonparro@gmail.com>
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Jon Parro <jonparro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know if rich-snnipets testing tool of Google is showing "preview" for
> accomodations marked up as schema.org/LodgingBusiness?
>
> It seems that my code is ok but i don't know exactly.
>
> Here it's my website with schema.org/LodgingBusiness:
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tendumi.com%2Fcamping-francon%2F593&view=

Hi, Jon,
It appears to me that your items are getting extracted. You just may
check the warning:
  Page contains property "ratingvalue" which is not part of the schema.

My guess though is that this is not the reason you are not seeing a
snippet preview. I am not certain, but it seems as if the only snippet
previews which currently work for the Rich Snippets Testing Tool are
the examples showing up under the input box. Can anyone confirm
whether other item types are showing snippet previews right now? Is
there a definitive list anywhere?

You may try the Structured Data Linter to preview what your items
_might_ look like in a snippet, but it seems that it also does not
know about every schema.org type:
http://linter.structured-data.org/

Jason