Re: Schema.org TV vocabulary - opening discussion

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:09:40 +0100
To: public-vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Cc: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>, Yves Raimond <Yves.Raimond@bbc.co.uk>
Following up on the discussion here a few weeks ago, around
Schema.org's TV vocabulary (see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2011Oct/0095.html
and nearby)

This work has moved along a bit, many thanks to Jean-Pierre (EBU) and
to Yves and others at the BBC for their investigations and
collaboration.

The work-in-progress results are linked from our Wiki homepage
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas as
http://www.w3.org/wiki/TVRadioSchema and are a set of additions and
edits that would help improve this area of schema.org.  While it's not
a fully polished proposal with use cases and explanations for
everything, I think it's worth drawing wider attention to it at this
point.

The first thing it does is provide a home for radio alongside TV, as
well as basics for better supporting description of clips, and
broadcasts. Yves and Jean-Pierre might want to say more.

If you're interested in helping improve schema.org's coverage of these
topics, do please take a look at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TVRadioSchema
and comment here or in the wiki...

cheers,