Re: Schema.org TV vocabulary - opening discussion

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:30:30 -0500
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
CC: public-vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>, Yves Raimond <Yves.Raimond@bbc.co.uk>
In Series/Season:

[[[
Modify 'endDate' description to be 'start of the last first publication of an episode within that series/season'
]]]

"last first publication"? Perhaps just "last publication".

Regarding moving TVSeries (for example) under Series. Do you expect to publish schema:TVSeries rdfs:subClassOf schema:Series? This is really a broad question for all hierarchical classes.

Also, is it expected that the range of schema:episode is an rdf:List? How about an OWL restriction on the cardinality of schema:episode? What is the strategy for indicating that some properties really relate to an ordered collection? This was suggested in the Microdata to RDF mapping for the following properties as well [1]:

blogPosts, breadcrumb, episodes, events, itemListElement, musicGroupMember, seasons, ...

Really, just an example for how to treat properties that should take an RDF Collection, as this is the data-model that the microdata JSON encoding would take.

Gregg

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/htmldata/raw-file/default/microdata-rdf/index.html#example-registry