Re: PROPOSAL: Incorporate the Veres One Non-Profit Foundation

On 07/13/2018 09:53 AM, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> I don't really have any experience in what it takes to set up or run
> organizations like this.

It's not difficult to incorporate, as long as you have the cash and the
lawyers, which Veres One does.

One of the issues I'm concerned about is that I feel that we're being
gouged on the cash incorporation requirements ($~5K to do this in the US
vs. ~$70K to do this in Switzerland).

> But I am sympathetic to Veres One and everything related to it, and
> I happen to have dual Austrian/Swiss citizenship, let me know if
> this could help in any way.

Thank you for that very generous offer, Markus... I had no idea about
your dual citizenship!

This could be very important as you need to have a Swiss citizen
involved in the incorporation paperwork, IIRC. Adam will be able to
provide more detail there.

If we were to proceed with you involved in some way, you'd be covered by
Director and Officer insurance in the organization and would be
compensated for travel/lodging/time/etc. Fundamentally, you might have
to show up in person once a year to file some paperwork and handle bank
account setup, etc... effectively becoming a trustee of the Veres One
Foundation, a position which I'd fully trust in your hands.

In any case, that's a very compelling option that I didn't know we had
available to us.

Is that something you'd be willing to do, Markus? Show up in person in
Switzerland to file paperwork or open bank accounts, as long as your
costs/time are covered, if required?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches