Re: [EXT] Work item suggestion: VC-ACDC

I’d like to thank everyone for their feedback on the call, and for the comments and suggestions received since then.

I have notified the chairs I would like to re-propose the inclusion of vc-acdc as a work item for the group.

We have updated the language for the proposal after input from the community:

DRAFT PROPOSAL: Adopt the W3C vc-acdc transformation specification with the acknowledgement that the underlying normative references will need to progress to Last Call in IETF Working Groups (or other equivalent) before the vc-acdc specification can progress to W3C Candidate Recommendation which would include normative references to the KERI, ACDC and CESR specifications.

The hope being that the proposal clarifies:
We only ask the normative statements regarding the _transformation_ be a work item for the group.
We acknowledge that the underlying technology and their specifications need to progress substantially in an official standards body, and that they are not a concern for this charter.
Non-normative/informative references in the VC DM 2.0 specification to vc-acdc would be acceptable given the caveats.

We feel this language reflects better the consensus reached in Miami and matches the commitment to a “big tent” approach without exploding the scope of working groups deliverables.

Kind regards,
Kevin Griffin
Software Developer
kevin.griffin@gleif.org
+1 551 223-4337
GLEIF, 2500 Plaza 5, 25th Floor, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, NJ, 07311

GLEIF Americas a NJ Nonprofit Corporation
2500 Plaza 5, 25th Floor, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, NJ, 07311
Chairman of the Board: Stephan Wolf
Managing Director: Karla McKenna
NJ State Registration No.: 0450486330
LEI: 2549000PPU84GM83MG36
gleif.org

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly forbidden.