Re: Secure Chrome

On 12-Apr-06, at 1:55 PM, George Staikos wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 18:30, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:
>> No active content at all. Zippo. No javascript. No Java. No ActiveX.
>>
>> Web browsing the way nature intended :-).
>>
>> Yes, there's a lot of things you couldn't do with such a browser.
>> But it
>> has the benefit of simplicity.
>
>   Do you think any website developers will ever accept such a
> thing? :-)  I
> think not...

At the conference we briefly discussed the potential for websites to
prompt browsers to enter a secure mode for a given page (using some
sort of meta tag, maybe?). The idea being that secure mode would only
needed at the point of web authentication or login, after which point
the app should be free to take advantage of all sorts of bells and
whistles.

cheers,
mike