Re: text-wrap balance

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 6:02 PM Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:32 PM David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> >

> > > On Jun 18, 2019, at 14:19 , Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >

> > > While I agree with this and also have no problem excluding this from
> REC, is still like to encourage the CSS WG to continue with it. Glenn's
> listing of existing deterministic algorithms in this space should be enough
> to give us an expectation that it's feasible and technically possible.
> >
> > I’ve heard offline that people think that there are reasonable
> algorithms too. That doesn’t make it specifiiable yet, tho.
>
> I don't follow: if it's been implemented and made replicable, it can
> be specified.

Just because* some* algorithm can be specified doesn't mean it will be
specified in a form that permits a normative reference, particularly in a
reasonable amount of time. Are you willing to wait for 2 or 3 years to
elapse to get an algorithm written into a CSS spec, get it tested, and move
that spec to at least PR or REC before moving forward on VTT?