text-wrap balance (was: Publishing WebVTT as a Proposed Recommendation (CfC))

On 6/12/2019 10:43 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux wrote:
> Hi Gary et al.,
>
> In recent publications the group has gone to great lengths to make
> sure that at least two implementations passed each test, whether for
> exotic or trivial features.
 >> Why would it be different here? Have the criteria changed? Should
> future versions of TTML and WebVTT have to meet a lower threshold of
> "proof-of-concept"?
>
> I think the group needs to be consistent, one way or another.

I thought the exit criteria was 2 implementations of each feature. There
is a difference between tests and features.

However, I'm not suggesting that the difference matters in this
particular test, given that the spec is clear on this particular test.
If the value balance isn't supported today, what are the implementations
doing instead of balance? Chromium doesn't seem to have a bug report on
balance for example. Should we ask the CSS Working Group on the status
and stability of balance? (Gary, I'm happy to go on fact findings if
you'd like)

Philippe