W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-05-25

From: Dae Kim <dakim@netflix.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:29:23 -0700
Message-ID: <CA+t+Ut9efiek_n4O4_Xqnwpj3H5Eww9ZRhpaoLuioCjPgK6bww@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Should we discuss AD (195 <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>) at the
top of the meeting?
We didn't have a chance to discuss last week.

-Dae

*Dae Kim | Senior Video Engineer | Encoding Technology*
*9420 94f4 a834 b038 2920 34b3 38ad b632 3738 942c 942f*

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:12 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct
> time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
> Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
> iso=20170525T10&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local
>
> *Joining details: *
>
> see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
> (members-only link – if you can't see this and wish to join please contact
> me)
>
> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
> *Chairs: *Nigel Megitt
>
> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>
> *Regrets: *Andreas, Thierry
>
> *Activity since last meeting:*
> See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products
>
> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>
> *We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.*
> *Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!*
>
>
> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
> TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>
> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>
> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>
> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
> 1. TPAC advanced planning
> 2. TTML issue assignment and progress tracking
> 3. TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc
> 4. IMSC
> 5. HDR in PNG
> 6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal (placeholder)
> 7. WebVTT comments (placeholder)
> 8. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>
>
>
> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
> *June Meetings:*
>
> Thursday 1st June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
> Thursday 8th June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
> Thursday 15th June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
> Thursday 22th June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
> Thursday 29th June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
>
> *Further ahead:*
>
> Thursday 6th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 13th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 20th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 27th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
>
> *IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:* see the timeline of upcoming work
> at *https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work> *
>
>
> *Agenda+ TPAC 2017 Advanced planning*
>
> As Chair I have completed the WBS survey, requesting:
>
> Attendance for ~10 people.
> No preference for date, meet on any two days.
> Flexible about days.
> Joint meeting with CSS WG and with Web and TV IG.
> Avoid overlap with Web and TV IG.
> Permit observers.
> Not member confidential.
> Estimate ~6 attending technical plenary.
> Estimate ~3 attending AC sessions Tuesday and Thursday.
>
> https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Overview.html
>
> *Agenda+ TTML issue assignment and progress tracking (20 minutes maximum)*
>
> We have a tough goal to resolve our open issues by the end of May. Please
> could you indicate for the coming week which issues you will be able to
> pick up and prepare pull request(s) for?
>
> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>
> Horizontal Review:
>
> CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd:
> Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>
>
> Internationalisation review by r12a has generated several new issues on
> TTML2 and comments on existing issues (see below), this week mainly about
> alignment with relatively recent CSS developments.
>
> CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for
> CSS 2.2 & request for reviews
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When
> can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>
> Actions:
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-443 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> open Prepare
> a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as
> a liaison document to arib.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> Glenn Adams
> 2016-08-26 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
> ACTION-462 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> open Create
> issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> Glenn Adams
> 2016-04-28 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>
> Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/
>
> Merged TTML1 Pull Requests: None
> Merged TTML2 Pull Requests:
>
> Issue 0186 value expression conventions
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/311>
>
> Issue 0105 out of line region timing
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/309>
>
> Clarify support for R217 (#141). <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/318>
>
> Add #region-timing feature designation (#169).
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/317>
>
> Clarify applicability of special value of 60 in seconds component (#1…
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/325>
>
> Add support for Unicode explicit directional isolates
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/322>
>
> Minor corrections regarding inline progression dimension vs direction…
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/326>
>
> Open TTML1 Pull Requests: None
>
> Open TTML2 Pull Requests:
>
> Apply improvements to aspect ratio and pixel semantics.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/321>
>
> Issue 0164 default play rate <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/324>
>
> Issue 0230 vertical scripts <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/327>
>
> Issue 0133 ruby style inheritance <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/328>
>
> New TTML1 Issues:
>
> Text is over 4 lines in BasicTiming011.xml
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/242>
> tts:displayAlign should be `after` in BeginEnd002.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/243>
> Improve text at WritingMode004.ttml and WritingMode009.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/244>
> Text not shown at Opacity004.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/245>
> "." shows with overline in TextDecoration011.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/246>
> tts:writingMode="rl" with latin characters and a comma
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/247>
>
> New TTML2 Issues:
>
> Review deprecations before finalizing WR.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/316>
> tts:position on <tt> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/319>
> [related media object region target] and [viewport target] defined but not
> referenced <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/320>
> Questions about ttp:mediaOffset <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/323>
> tts:extent="contain" is not defined when applied to <tt>
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/329>
>
> Closed TTML1 Issues: None
> Closed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Ensure that document conventions cover syntax used in value expressions.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/186>
>
> Prefer end to dur on generated out-of-line regions
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/105>
>
> Embedded graphics don't fully meet requirement
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/141>
>
> The tts:textAlign property may need to apply to div, body
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/138>
>
> Consider applying ipd or bpd to content images
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/140>
>
> Feature designator for time expressions on region
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/169>
>
> Specify date as well as hours, minutes and seconds in time expressions
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/96>
>
> Clarify timing concepts in relation to SMIL
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/135>
>
> Create a section on options for customisation
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/156>
>
> Clarify semantics of content bpd for inline and line areas
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/163>
>
> The tts:displayAlign property may need to apply to content elements
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/137>
>
> Clock-time form time expressions allow 60 seconds for media timebase
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/158>
>
> Clarify the application specific usages of clockMode="local"
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/136>
>
> No mention of isolation for directional controls
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/265>
>
> The width of content elements' areas is unclear, especially looking at the
> examples <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/134>
>
> Ensure consistency in ttml2 w.r.t. inline progression dimension vs
> direction <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/155>
>
> Discussed TTML1 Issues: None
> Discussed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Meaning of 'glyph area descendant'
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/236>
> Ruby text should used special inheritance algorithm
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/133>
> rubyAlign withBase <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/248>
> Add support for Audio Description requirements
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>
> Specify attribute term delimiter as post-normalised space
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/191>
> Metadata examples do not include xml:lang (editorial)
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/271>
> LWSP in rgba expressions? <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/315>
> The uniqueness of xml:id needs to be broken for some uses of condition
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/128>
>
>
> *Focus topic(s) for this week*
>
> *Open Pull Requests* (50 minutes)
>
> Can we reach consensus to merge the open pull requests or understand what
> changes are needed so that they can be merged?
>
> *Issues* (remaining time)
>
> *(Please advise if you would like to raise any other issues for the
> group's consideration this week)*
>
> The uniqueness of xml:id needs to be broken for some uses of condition
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/128>
>
> LWSP in rgba expressions? <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/315>
>
> Questions about ttp:mediaOffset <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/323>
>
> Add security and privacy section.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/224>
>
> Inclusion of foreign namespace elements – is it only permitted on metadata
> elements, or anywhere? Do we need additional conformance language? See also
> IMSC issue foreign namespace usage is underspecified
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/213>
>
> Consider applying ipd or bpd to content images
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/140> – can we agree what we want to
> happen here?
>
> A PR was merged early (direct commit) for How to specify aspect ratio to
> understand positioning that may apply for display or video
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/30> - does this do what we need?
> Last comment on the issue was Jan 6. This now incorporates Interpreting
> the pixel measure <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/27>.
>
> Given the recent discussions, are we in a position to propose a syntax and
> semantic to resolve Should background of a span be height of text in line
> or computed lineHeight? <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/101> in a
> way that can reasonably be contributed to CSS WG for their proposed
> equivalent?
>
> *AD Requirements*
>
> Given the discussion on Add support for Audio Description requirements
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>  review the AD requirements
> document.
>
> See also: AD Requirements wiki page.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Audio-Description-Requirements>
>
>
>
> Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://
> github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
> See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/
> ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>
>
> *Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)*
>
> The Wide Review period has now expired and we have received some incoming
> liaisons.
>
> What are our next steps? We will need dispositions for the review
> comments, to Create tests for CR exit criteria
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/226> and set a CR exit minimum
> timeline.
>
> IMSC 1.0.1 WD for Wide Review published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-
> imsc1.0.1/
> IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/
> REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
> Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html
>
> Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/
> imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
> IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_
> implementation_page.
> IMSC Tests repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests
>
> *Unicode CLDR discussion*
> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
> Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/
> trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
> Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/
> Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html
>
> Merged IMSC pull requests: none
>
> Open IMSC pull requests:
>
> Fix differences of XML and images for fillLineGap
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/234>
>
> New or discussed IMSC issues:
>
> Recommend avoiding tab characters <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/232>
>
> XML Example and corresponding renderings in pictures for itts:fillLineGap
> don't fit  <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/233>
>
> Clarified expected system behavior for ittp:activeArea
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/231>
>
> Remove tabs from examples (issue #225)
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/229>
>
> Required spaces between non-terminal components of styling and parameter
> attributes (issue #221) <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/230>
>
> Determination of the color in leading in tts:fillLineGap
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/228>
>
> Closed IMSC issues: None
>
> Merged IMSC Tests pull requests:
>
> Fixed spurious linefeed in multiRowAlign1/1.000000.png
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/2>
> Adds tests <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/3>
> Test `set` with implicit inheritance
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/4>
> Feature set+implicit inheritance
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/8>
>
> Open IMSC Tests pull requests:
>
> Adds writingMode and unicodeBidi tests
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/5>
>
> Added timing, named color and zIndex tests
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/6>
>
> New or discussed IMSC Tests issues:
>
> br-in-p-001.ttml ang br-in-span-001.ttml onscreen text misleading
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/9>
>
> ttp:frameRate should be "30" in BasicTiming010.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/10>
>
> Text is over 4 lines in BasicTiming011.xml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/11>
>
> White spaces at EOL do not appear in BasicTiming012.xml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/12>
>
> tts:displayAlign should be `after` in BeginEnd002.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/13>
>
> Onscreen text misleading at WritingMode004.ttml and WritingMode009.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/14>
>
> Text not shown at Opacity004.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/15>
>
> space-preserve-001.ttml states "one line" but two are displayed
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/16>
>
> nested-region-001.ttml should display more descriptive text
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/17>
>
> "." shows with overline in TextDecoration011.ttml
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/18>
>
> FontFamily009.ttml has a spurious space
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/7>
>
> Closed IMSC Tests issues:
>
> multiRowAlign1/1.000000.png has spurious linefeed
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/1>
>
>
>
> *Agenda+ HDR in PNG*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-495 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/495>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/495/edit> open Update
> the ttwg homepage and publications pages for the new repos
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/495> Thierry Michel
> 2017-04-20
>
> Repo for PQ HDR in PNG: https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq
> Draft WG Note: https://w3c.github.io/png-hdr-pq/
>
> Merged pull requests: none
>
> Open pull requests: None
>
> New or discussed issues:
>
> ICC profile has wrong copyright
> <https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq/issues/2>
> ICC profile contents are ignored, magic string used for labelling
> <https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq/issues/3>
>
> Closed issues:
>
> Typo in repo link <https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq/issues/1>
>
>
>
> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-441 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> open Kick
> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> Andreas Tai
> 2015-11-05
>
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
> further information on this, this week.
>
> Also HTML import and HTMLCue?
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email
> from 2016-09-06.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> open Produce
> evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> David Singer
> 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
> Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>
> WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>
> Open Pull requests:
>
> Add requirements for region identifier to exist.
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
> Ruby issue264 <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/347>
>
> Merged Pull requests: None
>
> New issues: None
> Closed issues: None
>
> Recently discussed issues:
>
> incomplete ruby implementation [I18N-ISSUE-431]
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>
>
> Ruby issue264 <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/347>
>
>
> *Agenda+ AOB*
>
> *References*
>
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
>
> ----------------------------
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>
> ---------------------
>
Received on Wednesday, 24 May 2017 19:30:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:40 UTC