Re: Document Coordinate System intepretation

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
wrote:

> Hi Glenn et al.,
>
> Before I continue filing issues on PR #321, I thought I would confirm
> (or not) my summary understanding of the document coordinate system as
> currently proposed.
>
> - the coordinate system is in logical pixels

yes, effectively in the storage (sample) coordinate space (as governed by
SAR)

> - the aspect ratio of each of the logical pixels is set by the value
> of Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR) of the root container

hmm, it is the aspect ratio of the physical pixels that PAR applies to, or,
to be more precise, pixels in the display coordinate space (as governed by
DAR); logical pixels in the storage coordinate space (as governed by SAR)
have no aspect ratio per se;

> - the origin of the coordinate system is the top left corner of the
> root container

yes

> - the positive x-axis points to the right edge of the root container,

yes

> while the positive y-axis points to the bottom edge of the root

yes

> contain
> - the extent of the root container in this coordinate system is set
> either by (a) tts:extent if specified in "px" or (b) arbitrarily by
> the document processing context such that the ratio of the width
> divided by the height is equal to the computed Storage Aspect Ratio
> (SAR) of the root container

yes for (a), for (b), this is not exactly what I wrote, which is

otherwise, the resolution of the root container region is determined
(arbitrarily) by the document processing context
<#terms-document-processing-context> in a manner that respects the resolved
values of SAR and PAR as determined by *H.1 Aspect Ratios*
<#root-container-region-semantics-aspect-ratios> above

in saying that the resolved value of SAR be respected, what I mean is that
width divided by height selected by the document processing context must
equal SAR, and that SAR * PAR must still equal DAR;