Re: Document Coordinate System intepretation

Hi Glenn,

> hmm, it is the aspect ratio of the physical pixels that PAR applies to

What do you mean by "physical pixels"? If the DAR and SAR are those of
the root container, then the PAR is also that of the root container,
not the physical display. In other words, both SAR and PAR apply to
the logical pixels of the coordinate system, completely independently
of the physical pixels.

> what I mean is that width divided by height selected by the document processing
> context must equal SAR, and that SAR * PAR must still equal DAR;

The only thing the document processing context can control by setting
the extent in pixel is the SAR. The DAR and the PAR are computed
according to the algorithm specified in Annex H, so no need to repeat
it.

Best,

-- Pierre