W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > March 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-03-09

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 09:49:36 -0800
Message-ID: <CAF_7JxAMBVHiA4jsGx44MdD65mV5eDWd+Fo93DhcrwDs4rvgpw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Hi Nigel,

I am afraid I will be available only for the first 75 minutes.

Can a precise agenda (e.g. per issue number) be crafted?

Best,

-- Pierre

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>
> *As agreed last week, during March we will begin at the "old" time of 10am
> Boston*
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct
> time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
> Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
> iso=20170309T10&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local
>
> *Joining details: *
>
> see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
> (members-only link – if you can't see this and wish to join please contact
> me)
>
> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
> *Chairs: *Nigel Megitt
>
> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>
> *Regrets: *none
>
> *Activity since last meeting:*
> See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products
>
> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>
> *We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.*
> *Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!*
>
>
> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
> TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>
> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>
> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>
> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
> 1. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
> 2. TTML issues, actions, PRs etc
> 3. Progress on HTMLCue proposal (placeholder)
> 4. WebVTT comments (placeholder)
> 5. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>
>
>
> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
> *March Meetings:*
>
> Thursday 16th March: TTWG phone meeting 2 hours
> Thursday 23rd March: TTWG phone meeting 2 hours
> Thursday 30th March: TTWG phone meeting 2 hours
>
> *Further ahead:*
>
> Thursday 6th April: TTWG phone meeting ? Hours (Nigel away)
> Thursday 13th April: TTWG phone meeting ? Hours
> Thursday 20th April: TTWG phone meeting ? Hours
> Thursday 27th April: TTWG phone meeting ? Hours
>
> *IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:* see the timeline of upcoming work
> at *https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work> *
>
>
> *Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)*
>
> Main agenda point is to try to conclude on the foreign namespace usage is
> underspecified <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/213> issue (i.e. Merge
> the pull request) and move to a WD for Wide Review + Horizontal Review.
>
> IMSC 1.0.1 FPWD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/
> IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/
> REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
> Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html
>
> Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/
> imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
> IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_
> implementation_page.
>
> *Unicode CLDR discussion*
> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
> Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/
> trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
> Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/
> Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html
>
> Merged pull requests: none
>
> Open pull requests: Editorial clarification of foreign namespace
> provisions <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/216>
>
> New or discussed issues: foreign namespace usage is underspecified
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/213>
>
> Closed issues: none
>
>
>
> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>
> Horizontal Review:
>
> CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd:
> Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>
>
> Internationalisation review by Addison Phillips and r12a has generated
> several new issues on TTML2 and comments on existing issues (see below)
>
> CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for
> CSS 2.2 & request for reviews
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When
> can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>
> Actions:
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-443 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> open Prepare
> a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as
> a liaison document to arib.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> Glenn Adams
> 2016-08-26 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
> ACTION-462 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> open Create
> issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> Glenn Adams
> 2016-04-28 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>
> Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/
>
> Merged Pull Requests:
>
> Improve language regarding pruning during ISD construction (#210, #212).
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/272>
>
> Open TTML1 Pull Requests:
>
> Clarify application of padding (#221)
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/233>
>
> Open TTML2 Pull Requests:
>
> Issue 0203 add examples of ja features part 2
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/273>
>
> New TTML1 Issues: none
> New TTML2 Issues:
>
> Show better mappings between base and annotation in figures
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/275>
> Add an illustration of pinyin for ruby align
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/274>
>
> Closed TTML1 Issues: none
> Closed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Please provide more illustrations and examples for the ruby sections
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/256>
>
> Discussed TTML1 Issues: none
> Discussed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Add support for Audio Description requirements
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>
>
> Use of 'em' units in tts:fontSize on region element is not well defined.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/216>
>
> <emphasis-position> vs CSS text-emphasis-position + Mongolian
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/240>
>
> rubyAlign withBase <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/248>
>
> Support for bopomofo ruby needed <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/253>
>
> Add support for compositing a TTML2 document onto HDR video
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/233>
>
> Add examples of new features commonly used with Japanese content (2 of 2)
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/203>
>
> Ambiguous definition of "empty" in Synchronic Document Construction
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/212>
>
> Mismatch between CSS and TTML2 text align styling on <span>
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/238>
>
> Default ruby position may be on the wrong side for tblr (eg. Mongolian)
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/254>
>
> tts:writingMode example is not helpful
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/269>
>
>
> *Focus topic(s) for this week*
>
> Use of 'em' units in tts:fontSize on region element is not well defined.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/216> since this has been closed and
> reopened and we need to get to consensus so that we can close it and move
> on.
>
> Issue-239 3D and images <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/239>
> Can we resolve this on the call?
>
> Inclusion of foreign namespace elements – is it only permitted on metadata
> elements, or anywhere? Do we need additional conformance language? See also
> IMSC issue foreign namespace usage is underspecified
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/213>
>
> TTML1 Clarification of padding pull request Clarify application of
> padding (#221) <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/233>
>
>
> Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://
> github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
> See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/
> ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>
>
> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-441 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> open Kick
> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> Andreas Tai
> 2015-11-05
>
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
> further information on this, this week.
>
> Also HTML import and HTMLCue?
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email
> from 2016-09-06.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> open Produce
> evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> David Singer
> 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
> Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>
> WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>
> Open Pull requests:
>
> Drop line: and position: settings with invalid linealign/colalign
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/337>
> Use HTML's rules for parsing floating-point number values
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/339>
> Add Security and Privay section <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/340>
>
> Merged Pull requests: none
> New issues:
>
> "Interpret linepos as a (potentially signed) rea…"
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/338>
>
> Parsing: should drop line:100,invalid setting
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/336>
>
> Closed issues: none
>
> Recently discussed issues:
>
> CR bug: region identifiers <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/314>
>
>
> *Agenda+ AOB*
>
> Nigel: report from CSUN
>
> *References*
>
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 7 March 2017 17:50:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:38 UTC