W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2017

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-06-22

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:02:45 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D56F13CD.429DD%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170622T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html

(members-only link – if you can't see this and wish to join please contact me)

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel – open to offers!

Regrets: Glenn

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse

TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse

TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse

TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse

TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse

WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. TPAC advanced planning
2. IMSC
3. TTML issue assignment and progress tracking
4. TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc
5. HDR in PNG
6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal (placeholder)
7. WebVTT comments (placeholder)
8. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

June Meetings:

Thursday 29th June: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)

Further ahead:

Thursday 6th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 13th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 20th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 27th July: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work



Agenda+ TPAC 2017 Advanced planning

As Chair I have completed the WBS survey, requesting:

Attendance for ~10 people.
No preference for date, meet on any two days.
Flexible about days.
Joint meeting with CSS WG and with Web and TV IG.
Avoid overlap with Web and TV IG.
Permit observers.
Not member confidential.
Estimate ~6 attending technical plenary.
Estimate ~3 attending AC sessions Tuesday and Thursday.

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Overview.html


Chair was asked for further clarification about the joint meetings and the overlap avoidance; since Web and TV IG are likely to meet on the Monday, and CSSWG on the Monday and Tuesday, I requested Thursday and Friday for the main TTWG meetings with joint agenda slots with the other two groups on Monday and/or Tuesday.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-497<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/497>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/497/edit>     open    Invite csswg to joint meeting at tpac 2017, with list of topics.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/497>  Nigel Megitt    2017-06-15


Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-498<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/498>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/498/edit>     pending review  Invite i18n to discuss imsc 1.0.1 issues<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/498>  Nigel Megitt    2017-06-15      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>



IMSC1.0.1 Internationalisation issues (if Richard and/or Addison are able to attend)

Proposal to to publish 1.0.1 as CR

The status of the comments has been summarised at https://www.w3.org/wiki/IMSC1.0.1_Comments_tracker


IMSC 1.0.1 WD for Wide Review published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/

IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/

Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html


Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.

IMSC Tests repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests


Unicode CLDR discussion
Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915

Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9

Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html


Merged IMSC pull requests:
Discourage the use of tab characters in <p> and <span><https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/242>
Required spaces between non-terminal components of styling and parameter attributes (issue #221)<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/230>
Open IMSC pull requests:
Clarified the requirement for processors to implement reference fonts <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/245>
Clarified signaling of simultaneous conformance with SDP-US and EBU-TT-D<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/247>
New or discussed IMSC issues:
SDP-US is listed as a normative reference, but it is not<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/246>
Why exclude hebrew and arabic proportional reference fonts?<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/237>
Should the character sets be minimum *font* requirements?<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/236>
Clarified the requirement for processors to implement reference fonts<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/245>
Closed IMSC issues:
Attribute syntax definition: missing spaces<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/221>
Recommend avoiding tab characters<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/232>
Merged IMSC Tests pull requests: None
Open IMSC Tests pull requests:
Added test combining linePadding and space preserve<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/19>
New or discussed IMSC Tests issues:
No text visible and spurious tts:extent in DisplayAlign00X <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/20>
Region is outside the root container in BasicTiming012.ttml  <https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/21>
tts:displayAlign should be `after` in BeginEnd002.ttml<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/13>
Closed IMSC Tests issues:
FontFamily009.ttml has a spurious space<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/7>
White spaces at EOL do not appear in BasicTiming012.xml<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/issues/12>


Agenda+ TTML issue assignment and progress tracking (20 minutes maximum)

All but 1 pull requests intended for WR have been merged into the ED and are ready for review.

Please review the ED and any open pull requests with publication as WR in mind; the intention is to publish by June 30. Aside from resolving group review issues generated during this review period, (i.e. those required to achieve consensus on the proposal to publish) no further changes will be accepted.

At the moment of writing this agenda, there are:

  *   2 open issues on the Editor's WR Work List milestone, of which 1 is not labelled as "PR Open";
  *   50 open issues with no milestone, all of which have no PR, and
  *   7 open issues awaiting some feedback on disposition, which are in the "Group's WR action required list" milestone.

Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

Horizontal Review:

CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd: Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>

Internationalisation review by r12a has generated several new issues on TTML2 and comments on existing issues (see below), this week mainly about alignment with relatively recent CSS developments.

CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When can we schedule a review and gather feedback?

Actions:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/


Merged TTML1 Pull Requests: None
Merged TTML2 Pull Requests:
Issue 0384 streaming html appendix<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/389>
Add customisation options appendix<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/392>
Fix #134 by changing examples<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/394>
Add justify keyword value to tts:displayAlign (#370).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/390>
Make values of tts:rubyPosition consistent with <emphasis-position> (…<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/391>
Issue 0195 add ad xsds<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/393>
issue 0359 add example fragments and images<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/395>
Issue 0195 audio descriptions<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/349>
Open TTML1 Pull Requests: None
Open TTML2 Pull Requests:
Add audio related features (#195).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/396>
New TTML1 Issues: None
New TTML2 Issues: None
Closed TTML1 Issues: None
Closed TTML2 Issues:
Appendix R (streaming) does not represent current practice.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/384>
Create a section on options for customisation<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/156>
The width of content elements' areas is unclear, especially looking at the examples<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/134>
Add justify to tts:displayAlign.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/370>
The tts:displayAlign property may need to apply to content elements<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/137>
Add auto and outside values to tts:rubyPosition.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/374>
Discussed TTML1 Issues: None
Discussed TTML2 Issues:
Default ruby position may be on the wrong side for tblr (eg. Mongolian)<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/254>
rubyAlign and wide ruby text <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/250>
Add an illustration of pinyin for ruby align<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/274>

Focus topic(s) for this week

Open Pull Requests and Issues (50 minutes max)

Can we reach consensus to merge the open pull requests or understand what changes are needed so that they can be merged?

Issues

Iterate through open issues with no PR – decide action to take on each, e.g. defer to CR, defer to TTML.next, close etc.

If there are any issues that we decide need to be resolved before WR a proposal for the fix is needed ASAP (basically, it's too late already unless it can easily be agreed by the group).

Collate list of the issues we want to open with CSS WG

We need to put this together as part of the agenda for a request to meet at TPAC.

Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues

See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md



Agenda+ HDR in PNG

Repo for PQ HDR in PNG: https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq

Draft WG Note: https://w3c.github.io/png-hdr-pq/


Merged pull requests: none
Open pull requests: None
New or discussed issues: None
Closed issues: None

Note that discussion of this document has continued on the Color on the Web CG reflector, with the focus drifting towards HLG.

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05


See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

Also HTML import and HTMLCue?<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email from 2016-09-06.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review


Open Pull requests:
Add requirements for region identifier to exist.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
Merged Pull requests:
Add a note about the future of ruby<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/348>
New issues: None
Closed issues:
incomplete ruby implementation [I18N-ISSUE-431]<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>
Recently discussed issues: None

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText





----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Tuesday, 20 June 2017 17:03:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:40 UTC