Re: [DRAFT] TTWG's response to your comments about IMSC 1.0.1

Hi Thierry,

Below are the proposed responses.

Best,

-- Pierre

> A-  Your comment on activeArea attribute

The WG clarified that specific behavior of the system is left
intentionally undefined (see latest Editor's Draft at [1]):

"""
Under normal circumstances, the entirety of the root container is
presented. However, under special circumstances, such as when the
related video object is cropped, a system can, for instance, use the
ittp:activeArea parameter to avoid cropping areas of the root
container that are intended to be visible to the viewer. The specific
behavior of the system is however left undefined intentionally: the
system can select a presentation mode appropriate to the display
shape, user preferences, etc. The ittp:activeArea is analogous to the
Active Format Description (AFD) metadata commonly used in broadcast
applications.
"""

A more detailed discussion is available at [2] and [3].

[1] http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/227
[3] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/191

> B- Your comment on fillLineGap attribute

The WG has revised Figure 1 (see [1]) to better illustrate the line
gap filling algorithm, which "extends the background of each inline
area generated by descendant <span>s of the <p> element to the
before-edge and after-edge of its containing line area."

See also the discussion at [2].

[1] http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/228