Re: smpte:backgroundImage

I plan to raise this for discussion in tomorrow's meeting.

Nigel

From: Michael Dolan <mike@dolan.tv<mailto:mike@dolan.tv>>
Date: Friday, 2 June 2017 at 22:34
To: "public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>" <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: smpte:backgroundImage

In looking into making a tighter XML schemas for IMSC1, I was reminded that we use the SMPTE 2010 namespace (as opposed to the 2013).  SMPTE ST-2052-1:2010 did not define an XML schema for smpte:backgroundImage (unlike ST2052-1:2013, which did).

Although my focus is on IMSC 1.0.1, I thought for completeness for IMSC1, we should provide it there.  It is trivial:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”
xmlns:smpte="http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/2052-1/2010/smpte-tt"
targetNamespace=”http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/2052-1/2010/smpte-tt”
            <xs:attribute name="backgroundImage" type="xs:anyURI"/>
</xs:schema>

IMSC1 requires that it be a PNG file, but makes no constraint on the URI, e.g. that it end in “.png”.

Any concerns with adding this schema to IMSC1?

Since the XML schemas are informative and posted in a separate file from the Recommendation, is the process to update it just with WG consensus, or?

                Mike

Michael A DOLAN
TBT, Inc;  PO Box 190
Del Mar, CA 92014