W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > July 2016

Re: RE : {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-07-21

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 06:49:47 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+fayoT+6OW=kpdX0p3+RrqmPb9qTJ5SLn0HKh=NymYcaQ@mail.gmail.com>
Cc: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
regrets as well, on family holiday

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
wrote:

> Regrets as well.
>
> On Jul 21, 2016 11:13 AM, "Pierre-Anthony Lemieux" <palemieux@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Regrets as well.
>>
>> On Jul 20, 2016 10:20 AM, "tmichel" <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Regrets for this week and next week.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thierry Michel
>>>
>>> -------- Message d'origine --------
>>> De : Nigel Megitt
>>> Date :19/07/2016 18:25 (GMT+01:00)
>>> A : W3C Public TTWG
>>> Objet : {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-07-21
>>>
>>> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
>>> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>>>
>>> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
>>> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>>>
>>> Please check
>>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160721T10&p1=43
>>>
>>>
>>> Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
>>>
>>> *IRC details: *
>>>
>>> server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to:
>>> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>>>
>>> *Webex details:*
>>>
>>> *Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only
>>> email – see below.*
>>> *Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining
>>> details if you do not already have them.*
>>>
>>> *To join the online meeting*
>>> 1. Go to the link that members can find at
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>>> 2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
>>> 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above
>>> linked email)
>>> 4. Click "Join".
>>>
>>> *To join the audio conference only*
>>> To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting,
>>> or call the number below and enter the access code.
>>> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
>>> Access code: see
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>>> Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#
>>>
>>> *Present list*
>>> In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant
>>> should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
>>> upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included
>>> in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so
>>> either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with
>>> an underscore.
>>>
>>> *For assistance*
>>> 1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc
>>> 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
>>>
>>> *For best practices with webex*
>>> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices
>>>
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>>>
>>> *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>>>
>>> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>>>
>>> *Regrets: *Thierry
>>>
>>> *Activity since last meeting:*
>>> Actions: none
>>>
>>> IMSC:
>>>
>>> Merged PRs: none.
>>>
>>> Closed Issues: none.
>>> New and Discussed Issues: none.
>>> Open PRs: Add IMSC roadmap document
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/176>.
>>>
>>>
>>> TTML1 & 2 :
>>>
>>> Merged PRs: none; (and no commits)
>>> Open PRs:  Disallow duplicate absolutized designators in
>>> ttp:{content,processor}… <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/167>.
>>> New and discussed issues: none (but see
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time where time issues and
>>> not-officially-issues have been collated)
>>>
>>>
>>> Timed Text Profile Registry:
>>>
>>> Merged PRs:
>>> Open PRs: fixing typos
>>> <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/20>.
>>> New and discussed issues: none.
>>>
>>>
>>> TTML/WebVTT mapping:
>>>
>>> Merged PRs: none;
>>>
>>> Open PRs: none;
>>>
>>> New and discussed issues:  tts:origin to VTTCue position/line looks
>>> backwards <https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/issues/25>.
>>>
>>>
>>> WebVTT:
>>>
>>> 1 PR merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created, 1 issue closed: discussion
>>> via github
>>>
>>>
>>> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>>>
>>> *We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.*
>>> *Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!*
>>>
>>>
>>> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
>>> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
>>> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
>>> TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
>>> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>>>
>>> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>>>
>>> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
>>> 1. TPAC 2016
>>> 2. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
>>> 3. Profile registry
>>> 4. IMSC
>>> 5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
>>> 6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
>>> 7. Unicode liaison
>>> 8. WebVTT comments
>>> 9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>>>
>>> *July Meetings:*
>>> Thursday 28th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>>
>>> Further ahead:
>>>
>>> *IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:* see the timeline of upcoming
>>> work at *https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work> *
>>>
>>> *August Meetings:*
>>> Thursday 4th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>> Thursday 11th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>> Thursday 18th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>> Thursday 25th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM on vacation)
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ TPAC 2016*
>>>
>>> Draft schedule: https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>>>
>>> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
>>> ACTION-462 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[image:
>>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> open Create
>>> issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"
>>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> Glenn Adams
>>> 2016-04-28 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>> Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
>>>
>>> Collated *time* related issues for TTML2:
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time
>>>
>>> *Safe Crop Area Proposal* – intro and review; see
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Jun/0003.html and
>>> response from Mike at
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Jun/0009.html
>>>
>>>
>>> See spreadsheet of editorial actions at
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>>>
>>> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
>>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>>>
>>> More volunteers welcomed!
>>>
>>> *TTML Change Proposals – progress and review*
>>>
>>> Change Proposal Index is at
>>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>>>
>>> The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
>>> Review) are:
>>>
>>> 5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
>>> 7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
>>> 9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
>>> 11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
>>> 15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
>>> 17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
>>> 19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
>>> 21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
>>> 25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution
>>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>>>
>>> *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>>>
>>> Working Group Note published at
>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/
>>>
>>> *Status update re IANA registration* – I will try to resolve the
>>> current possibly confused state before the meeting if possible!
>>>
>>> https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
>>> http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/
>>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>>>
>>> Thread beginning at
>>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Aug/0036.html
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ IMSC*
>>>
>>> Editor's draft is directly viewable at
>>> https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
>>> IMSC Implementation Page:
>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>>>
>>> Press release for IMSC 1 Recommendation and TTML2 WD publication linked
>>> from w3.org home page and archived via
>>> https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/5445?pk_campaign=feed&pk_kwd=world-wide-web-consortium-w3c-expands-emmy-award-winning-work-on-captions-and-subtitles-for-more-accessible-video-content
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>>>
>>> Editor's Draft is at
>>> https://rawgit.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/master/mappingbetweenTTMLandWebVTTW3C.html
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>>>
>>> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
>>> ACTION-441 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[image:
>>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> open Kick
>>> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
>>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> Andreas Tai
>>> 2015-11-05
>>>
>>> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
>>> further information on this, this week.
>>>
>>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ **Unicode liaison.*
>>>
>>> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
>>>
>>> Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as
>>> per Action-457.
>>>
>>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>>>
>>> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
>>> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[image:
>>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> open Produce
>>> evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
>>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> David Singer
>>> 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
>>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>> Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.
>>>
>>> *Agenda+ AOB*
>>>
>>> *References*
>>>
>>> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>>>
>>>
Received on Thursday, 21 July 2016 12:50:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:29 UTC