W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2016

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-01-14

From: David Ronca <dronca@netflix.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:04:17 -0800
Message-ID: <CAMjV-FgDRTAwb8ei0NYOOpLgzK0oSroy+5dNmJd+iwmBs6em7w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>, public-tt@w3.org
The slides for my talk are here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3C-Bd2ZEyo_TlVQaURzenRSeE0/view?usp=sharing>.
  Let me know if you have any access problems.

David


>
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt
>> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>> *There will be a short break after the first hour.*
>>
>> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
>> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>>
>> Please check
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160114T10&p1=43
>>
>>
>> Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local
>>
>> *IRC details: *
>>
>> server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to:
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>>
>> *Webex details:*
>>
>> *Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only
>> email – see below.*
>> *Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining
>> details if you do not already have them.*
>>
>> *To join the online meeting*
>> 1. Go to the link that members can find at
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>> 2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
>> 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above
>> linked email)
>> 4. Click "Join".
>>
>> *To join the audio conference only*
>> To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting,
>> or call the number below and enter the access code.
>> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
>> Access code: see
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>> Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#
>>
>> *Present list*
>> In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant
>> should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
>> upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in
>> the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either
>> use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an
>> underscore.
>>
>> *For assistance*
>> 1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc
>> 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
>>
>> *For best practices with webex*
>> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices
>>
>>
>> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>>
>> *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>>
>> *Scribe: [to assign during meeting]*
>>
>> *Regrets: *
>>
>> *Activity since last meeting:*
>> W3C Awarded Emmy https://www.w3.org/2016/01/emmyawardttml.html.en;
>> Actions: none;
>> Issues: reflector discussion re IMSC #111 and withdrawal of formal
>> objection;
>> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>>
>> *We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.*
>> *Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!*
>>
>>
>> *Recent activity on deliverables:*
>>
>> Pull Requests: (WebVTT pull requests handled offline)
>>
>> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/129
>> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/143
>> WebVTT: 4 PRs: discussion via github
>>
>> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
>> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
>> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
>> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>>
>> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>>
>> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>>
>> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
>> 1. Action Items
>> 2. Netflix presentation on TTML usage
>> 3. IMSC 1 – CR3,Test Suite and Implementation Report etc
>> 4. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
>> 5. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
>> 6. Unicode liaison
>> 7. Profile registry
>> 8. Issues
>> 9. WebVTT comments
>> 10. TTML2 Editorial actions
>> 11. TTML Versions note
>> 12. Change proposals
>> 13. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>>
>>
>>
>> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>>
>> *January Meetings:*
>> Thursday 21st January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 28th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>
>> Further ahead:
>>
>> *IMSC and TTML2 publication events:* see the timeline of upcoming work
>> at
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
>>
>>
>> *February Meetings:*
>> Thursday 4th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 11th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 18th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 25th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>
>>
>> *Agenda+ Action items *
>>
>> Action items overdue:
>> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with ACTION-364
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364/edit> open Add
>> paragraph in intro that summarizes changes from ttml1 (comment from tm)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-04-17 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>> ACTION-383 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>[image:
>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383/edit> open Missing
>> XML declaration <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383> Glenn
>> Adams 2015-04-30 TTML 1.0
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/1> ACTION-384
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384/edit> open Ensure
>> consistency in ttml2 w.r.t. inline progression dimension vs direction
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-04-16 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>> ACTION-386 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>[image:
>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386/edit> open Investigate
>> whether region style inheritance from tt is necessary given the ability to
>> redefine initial values
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-04-17 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[image:
>> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> open Produce
>> evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> David Singer
>> 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8> ACTION-404
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404/edit> open Add
>> note to issue 341 to reflect his current thinking
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-06-11 ISSUE-341
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341> ACTION-429
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429/edit> open Draft a
>> wg note for the profile short name registry and ttml media type registration
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429> Mike Dolan
>> 2015-10-08 ACTION-439
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439/edit> open Use of
>> generic font family name "serif" should be allowed
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439> Andreas Tai
>> 2015-11-01 Generic font-family names in TVTT
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/435> ACTION-441
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> open Kick
>> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> Andreas Tai
>> 2015-11-05 ACTION-442
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442/edit> open Add an
>> issue to ttml2 for ensuring plain text accessibility
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442> Nigel Megitt
>> 2015-11-05 ACTION-443
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> open Prepare
>> a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as
>> a liaison document to arib.
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-11-05 ACTION-445
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/445>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/445/edit> open Propose
>> to mdolan this addition to the profile registry document.
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/445> Andreas Tai
>> 2015-11-06 ACTION-447
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447>[image: (edit)]
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447/edit> open Send
>> pierre the list of which scripts are simple and which are complex.
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447> Glenn Adams
>> 2015-11-06
>>
>> *Agenda+ IMSC CR3, **Test Suite and Implementation Report*
>>
>> All of the open Pull Requests have now been merged.
>>
>> Editor's draft is directly viewable at
>> https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
>> IMSC test suite and Implementation Report
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report.
>>
>> We have an open transition request to generate a third CR for IMSC. The
>> formal objection based on issue #111
>> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/111> has been withdrawn and we are
>> still working to resolve the issue. If we are quorate for a discussion on
>> this issue I would like to discuss it in a continuing effort to do
>> everything we can to resolve it with consensus.
>>
>> There may be other open IMSC 1 issues that we can usefully discuss
>> alongside this, including some opened recently and the pull request – see
>> the pulse link above, or query github directly. These generally are focused
>> on how to direct processors to know what flavour of document they are being
>> asked to process, whether in-band or out-of-band, and what the fallback
>> behaviours should be. Offline comments directly on the issues in github are
>> of course welcome.
>>
>> Definition of Substantive Change from 2015 Process:
>> http://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#substantive-change
>>
>> *Agenda+ Netflix presentation*
>>
>> Welcome to David Ronca who has kindly offered to present on Netflix's
>> work relating to TTML.
>>
>> *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>>
>> Editor's Draft is at
>> https://rawgit.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/master/mappingbetweenTTMLandWebVTTW3C.html
>>
>> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>>
>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>
>> *Agenda+ **Unicode liaison.*
>>
>> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
>>
>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>
>> *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>>
>> Thread beginning at
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Aug/0036.html
>>
>> *Agenda+ Issues*
>>
>> See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.
>>
>> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>>
>> Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.
>>
>> *Agenda+ Note on TTML versions*
>>
>> Draft at
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html
>> Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.
>>
>> *Agenda+ TTML2 editorial actions*
>>
>> See spreadsheet of actions at
>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>>
>> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
>> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>>
>> How do we replace keywords replacement from Mercurial for building TTML2?
>>
>> More volunteers welcomed!
>>
>> *Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review*
>>
>> Change Proposal Index is at
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>>
>> The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
>> Review) are:
>>
>> 5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005> 7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony
>> Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007> 9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony
>> Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009> 11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony
>> Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011> 15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams
>> TTML2 Style.CSS additions
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015> 17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams
>> TTML2 Style.Defaults <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017> 19
>> OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019> 21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony
>> Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021> 25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt
>> TTML2 Distribution <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>>
>> *Agenda+ AOB*
>>
>> *References*
>>
>> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>>
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk
>> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
>> personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
>> stated.
>> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
>> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
>> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
>> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
>> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>>
>> ---------------------
>>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 14 January 2016 15:04:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:26 UTC