Re: Processor Profile, Content Profile and codecs

Thanks, Nigel!

I understand that time for discussion is limited. If we find some of it
to discuss the topic this would be great. To include Cryril in the
discussion it may be good to have some flexibility regarding the
schedule (if possible).

 From my view besides the work on new specifications the adoption of and
implementers feedback on finalized specifications are equally important.
In this sense I do not propose any changes for TTML 2 but a better
guidance for signalling conformance to TTML 1 derived specs (which
includes IMSC 1). The discussion of the profile registry has shown that
this is already a current scenario and can be separated from TTML 2. I
think that we help current and future adoption of TTML if we support
current implementation by giving some clarification on this topic.

Thanks and best regards,

Andreas

Am 21.10.2015 um 01:13 schrieb Nigel Megitt:
> Hi both, and indeed all,
>
> As Chair I need to schedule the sessions for the agenda, so please let me
> know as soon as you can if you have any constraints on timings for
> specific topics as listed at
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2015#Agenda_topics
>
> Since we have quite a lot of topics to discuss and have discussed content
> and processor profiles at length before, and have ended up with a complete
> specification in TTML2 that as far as I can tell does everything that
> anyone has asked for, I'd like to keep the time on this topic relatively
> short and focused on specification proposals please. Bear in mind that
> encoders and packagers are important but so are other components in the
> chain e.g. validators.
>
> Andreas, since you raised this thread, if you are able to propose any
> specification changes that would be really useful.
>
> I'm happy to separate out the topics of TTML2 specification and the
> Profiles Registry into different sessions if that helps.
>
> Nigel
>

> On 20/10/2015 17:00, "Cyril Concolato"
> <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> Le 19/10/2015 12:04, Andreas Tai a écrit :
>>> Therefore I propose to set this topic on the agenda for the next f2f
>>> meeting at TPAC on 29./30.10. 2015.
>> As I'll be at TPAC, I'd be happy to attend this discussion. But the TTWG
>> meets at the same time as the HTML Media TF which I want to attend too.
>> I don't know yet when I'll be available.
>>
>> Cyril
>>
>> --
>> Cyril Concolato
>> Multimedia Group / Telecom ParisTech
>> http://concolato.wp.mines-telecom.fr/
>> @cconcolato

Andreas Tai
Production Systems Television IRT - Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
R&D Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstrasse 60, D-80939 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 32399-389 | Fax: +49 89 32399-200
http: www.irt.de | Email: tai@irt.de

registration court&  managing director:
Munich Commercial, RegNo. B 5191
Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns