Re: WebVTT Horizontal writing direction

Hi Thierry,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an equivalent to "vertical:rl"
for horizontal text. If you look at CSS you'll notice that there's no
way to have horizontal text grow upwards when breaking lines, so that
one would read it from bottom to top. That just isn't a thing, but
vertical text can be be arranged in both orders, much like horizontal
Chinese can also be written RTL occasionally.

As for the align setting, its influence is in the same direction as
the text grows character-by-character.

Please let me know if there's a particular rendering that is used "in
the wild" that you can't see how to achieve using WebVTT.

Philip