Re: WebVTT Horizontal writing direction

Philip,

Thank you for your clarification.

I had seen the possibilty to use escape ‎ and ‏

Without a equivalent to "vertical:rl" for horizontal text,
is it an issue when using "align:" setting ?

for vertical writting

    vertical:rl   vertical:lr
"align:start"  top    top
"align:middle"  centred vertically  centred vertically
"align:end"  bottom    bottom

for horizontal writting
           "RtL"   "LtR"
"align:start"  left     right
"align:middle"  centred horizontally   centred horizontally
"align:end" right     left

And same for "position:" cue setting

"position:start" is left for horizontal writting LtR
"position:start" is right for horizontal writting RtL

I am not a I18N expert, but I am unclear who to solve this,
for exemple see the TTML Example
Rendition – Unicode Bidirectionality
http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#style-attribute-unicodeBidi

Another solution would be the use of a class with direction CSS properties:
.rtl {
     direction: rtl;
     unicode-bidi: bidi-override;
       }

But these CSS properties aren't allowed to apply to the '::cue'
pseudo-element.

Thierry