W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > July 2014

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 24/7/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:16:26 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5941EAB8802D6745A7D363D7B37BD1F749B07872@BGB01XUD1012.national.core.bbc.co.uk>
Minutes available at: http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-minutes.html

Text version:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

24 Jul 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          plh, jdsmith, nigel, Andreas

   Regrets
          pal, glenn

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prioritise discussion for this meeting
         2. [5]IMSC 1 timeline
         3. [6]Action items
         4. [7]action overdue or due next week
         5. [8]Issues pending review, discussed and raised over
            the past week
         6. [9]Change proposals
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 24 July 2014

   <nigel> scribeNick: plh

   NIgel: activities on issues since last meeting

Prioritise discussion for this meeting

   Nigel: let's cover IMSC and issues for tday
   ... no AOB today

IMSC 1 timeline

   NigeL: send email on Friday and didn't see responses
   ... I'll take that as approval
   ... this was generated with Pierre btw
   ... idea is: all issues need to be raised by September 5th
   ... it's possible that we'll identify some cases where an issue
   might fit better in IMSC during the f2f
   ... so I've left a little window for the f2f
   ... then Pierre will be able to create a draft for review by
   October 15
   ... so we'll have resolved issues or defer them
   ... I'll send a liaison to key orgs about the timeline
   ... feedback?

   plh: +1

   RESOLUTION: IMSC timeline is approved

   Nigel: second part of the IMSC issues
   ... in upcoming meetings, I'd like to address them
   ... proposal is to have 2 hours meetings on July 31, August 14
   ... might skip August 28

   Jerry: is that to cover IMSC topics, or make progress on TTML
   issues?

   Nigel: I try to cover issues regardless of products

   Jerry: those dates would work for me

   Nigel: for August 28, anybody volunteering to chair?

   RESOLUTION: 2 hours meeting on July 31, August 14, and no
   meeting on August 28

Action items

   issue-259?

   <trackbot> issue-259 -- Define "closest" -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259

     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259

   Nigel: seems that people are happy with those actions

   action-207?

   <trackbot> action-207 -- Glenn Adams to Add round-down
   clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259 -- due
   2014-04-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207

   action-258?

   <trackbot> action-258 -- Glenn Adams to Work with pal to
   resolve edits needed for issue-259 comments -- due 2014-04-01
   -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258

   Nigel: that works for me and Pierre and Glenn. any objection to
   move on?

   close action-207

   <trackbot> Closed action-207.

   close action-258

   <trackbot> Closed action-258.

   close issue-259

   <trackbot> Closed issue-259.

   action-306?

   <trackbot> action-306 -- Jerry Smith to Assign priorities to
   change proposals owned by jdsmith -- due 2014-07-24 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/306

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/306

   Nigel: some conversation about this.
   ... this was on a change proposal
   ... since we agreed to prioritize them

   <nigel> [15]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

     [15] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

   Nigel: we have priorities in the table now
   ... change proposal 2 is marked as no action needed

   <nigel> [16]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002

     [16] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002

   Nigel: but can we close the change proposal?

   Jerry: I think it's been implemented. want to check it's
   complete
   ... I'll update the status
   ... I'll do it today

   Nigel: ok, we'll close the proposal after you're done with your
   action.

   Jerry: I'll update the table after the meeting

action overdue or due next week

   Nigel: I followed up with David on the geneva f2f meeting
   ... and he is still working on it
   ... at the moment, we only have one vtt expect who responded

   <nigel>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planni
   ng/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/

   Nigel: deadline is August 15

Issues pending review, discussed and raised over the past week

   issue-263?

   <trackbot> issue-263 -- profile feature set may not match
   intended feature constraints -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263

   (we'll skip that one)

   issue-324?

   <trackbot> issue-324 -- Prefer end to dur on generated
   out-of-line regions -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/324

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/324

   Nigel: this is to do with the out of line region text
   ... Glenn assigned a duration value to those regions

   issue-324 is now open

   issue-325?

   <trackbot> issue-325 -- Add 'prohibited' value to
   @ttp:validation -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/325

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/325

   Nigel: Glenn raised that one

   Jerry: in this case prohibited means disabled?

   Nigel: yes, it means you must not validate this

   Jerry: what's the use case?

   Nigel: I don't know

   issue-325: the group would like to see use case(s) for this

   <trackbot> Notes added to issue-325 Add 'prohibited' value to
   @ttp:validation.

   issue-326?

   <trackbot> issue-326 -- definitions do not use shall, uses of
   definitions may use shall -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/326

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/326

   Nigel: this is about conformance language
   ... makes sense to me

   326 is now open

   issue-327?

   <trackbot> issue-327 -- IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec
   guidelines -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327

   Nigel: this is generic bucket.
   ... let's try to meet the best practices as we can.
   ... is that a reasonnable thing to be asking for?

   Plh: it's nice to have but not a priority imho
   ... let's see what Pierre can do and if you have more specific
   concern, you should raise those separately

   Nigel: agreed

   issue-328?

   <trackbot> issue-328 -- ittm:altText should be in TT namespace
   in TTML 2.0 -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/328

     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/328

   Nigel: goes back to alt text
   ... that maybe imsc doesn't meet the WCAG 2 guidelines
   ... although the resolution didn't require alt text
   ... it's still a good idea
   ... so it's imsc 1 and John wants to put in the tt namespace
   ... ie not part of metadata

   Plh: +1 to John

   Nigel: I agree as well

   issue-309?

   <trackbot> issue-309 -- Image profile needs to permit text
   equivalent -- open

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309

   Nigel: Pierre has made some edits there
   ... I still need to complete my review but I'm comfortable with
   where we got to now
   ... I suppose there is a question about the alternative
   mechanism

   Plh: so the meeting with the a11y folks happened?

   Nigel: yes. it isn't a requirement that it needs to be provided
   in the same doc.
   ... it's a requirement for the software to find it
   ... there needs to be metadata about the alternative document
   ... I think we should close the issue at this stage

   close issue-309

   <trackbot> Closed issue-309.

   issue-313?

   <trackbot> issue-313 -- Presented Region section is informative
   only -- open

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313

     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313

   Nigel: that's an IMSC region
   ... ttml 1 has the concept of temporarily active region
   ... Pierre has resolved in his edit
   ... so we have a definition in IMSC 1 now
   ... I think the proposal is to close issue 313 and raise a new
   one
   ... happy with the approach

   Jerry: makes sense to me. it clarifies the remaining issue

   close issue-313

   <trackbot> Closed issue-313.

   <scribe> ACTION: Nigel to create follow-up issue from issue-313
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-308 - Create follow-up issue from
   issue-313 [on Nigel Megitt - due 2014-07-31].

   issue-314?

   <trackbot> issue-314 -- Temporally active is not defined for
   regions -- open

   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314

     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314

   Nigel: temporally active isn't defined and ought to be
   ... that can be achieve with assigning begin/end time to
   regions
   ... I wonder if folks use regions with timing
   ... the concept from Glenn is a good one but I don't know a use
   case for it
   ... will continue discussion with Glenn

   issue-317?

   <trackbot> issue-317 -- IMSC should not require frame alignment
   -- open

   <trackbot>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317

     [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/317

   NIgel: Pierre made an edit that he believes sort out this issue

   "A document can be made independent of the frame rate of the
   related video object by never using the frames term in a time
   expression"

   "In circumstances where the video program is downsampled during
   delivery, the application can specify that, at playback, the
   relative video object be considered the delivered video program
   upsampled to is original rate, thereby allowing subtitle
   content to be rendered at the same temporal locations it was
   authored."

   Nigel: I think it addresses my concern
   ... so if Pierre and I are ok, can we close the issue?

   close issue-317

   <trackbot> Closed issue-317.

Change proposals

   Nigel: the way things look: priority 1 needs to be closed
   before FPWD
   ... Amendments to the set attribute
   ... HTML5 Mapping semantics

   Jerry: change proposal 5 is largely drafted. you expressed a
   desire to have those inline. Didn't close the loop with Glenn
   yet. the content is there
   ... just needs to be incorporated

   Nigel: can you create an issue on TTML 2 for this?
   ... and edit the change proposal page

   Jerry: sure

   Nigel: Audio rendering
   ... I don't think that needs to be in TTML 2 at this stage
   ... so if somebody does want to take this on, let me know
   ... Distribution
   ... I can't do a lot about it at the moment
   ... hoping to bring something back
   ... what if you have a stream of short documents?

   Plh: when is FPWD scheduled?

   Nigel: no timeline yet

   Plh: how about targetting after the september meeting?

   Nigel: too early
   ... would rather do after TPAC
   ... I'll talk with Glenn as well

   <scribe> ACTION: Nigel to propose a timeline for TTML 2 FPWD
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-309 - Propose a timeline for ttml 2
   fpwd [on Nigel Megitt - due 2014-07-31].

   Nigel: tests needs to be closed by LC
   ... I'll be looking for volunteers for that
   ... Links

   <nigel> nigel: If nobody has a use case for links that means it
   should have a higher priority then it will be deferred until
   v.next

   <nigel> nigel: Meeting adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Nigel to create follow-up issue from issue-313
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Nigel to propose a timeline for TTML 2 FPWD
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/24-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [32]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([33]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-07-24 15:14:13 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 24 July 2014 15:16:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:16 UTC