W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 7/8/2014

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 10:54:15 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+ds2u-a55H7-NK1bK2ALvwiUVvdbpRy=G6KWXO6TYrM7A@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>  Minutes available in HTML at:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-minutes.html
>
>  Text version:
>
>     [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                 Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
>
> 07 Aug 2014
>
>    See also: [2]IRC log
>
>       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           jdsmith, nigel, Andreas
>
>    Regrets
>           pal, courtney
>
> apologies, had a last minute conflict

>    Chair
>           nigel
>
>    Scribe
>           nigel
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]This meeting
>          2. [5]Geneva F2F September
>          3. [6]Action Items
>          4. [7]Issues Pending Review
>          5. [8]Issues Raised
>          6. [9]Change Proposals
>      * [10]Summary of Action Items
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <trackbot> Date: 07 August 2014
>
>    <scribe> scribeNick: nigel
>
> This meeting
>
>    No AOBs to notify
>
> Geneva F2F September
>
>    [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planni
>    ng/results
>
>      [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/results
>
>    nigel: If we have a small number of WebVTT experts present then
>    I will make the agenda reflect the interests of those present.
>    ... I'm willing to take suggestions on how best to arrange the
>    agenda.
>    ... The TPAC registration form has not been updated for our
>    Tuesday meeting yet - I know tmichel and plh are on the case.
>
> Action Items
>
>    action-310?
>
>    <trackbot> action-310 -- Nigel Megitt to Follow up with staff
>    re andreas's membership status -- due 2014-08-07 --
>    PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310
>
>      [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310
>
>    nigel: I pinged tmichel and plh and tmichel responded - still
>    in progress
>
>    andreas: I plan to attend Geneva, so hopefully my membership
>    will have been processed by then!
>
>    close action-310
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-310.
>
>    action-312?
>
>    <trackbot> action-312 -- Glenn Adams to Add ednote to ttml2
>    about timing computation on out-of-line animations w.r.t. their
>    referring element(s) -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312
>
>      [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312
>
>
i've closed this since the action is complete

>
>
>    action-314?
>
>    <trackbot> action-314 -- Nigel Megitt to Raise an issue on
>    imsc1 for an advisory note on forceddisplay and region
>    backgrounds. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314
>
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314
>
>    nigel: I created Issue-331 for this.
>
>    close action-314
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-314.
>
>    action-315?
>
>    <trackbot> action-315 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Change
>    "informative" to "not normative" everywhere in imsc 1 -- due
>    2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315
>
>      [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315
>
>    close action-315
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-315.
>
>    action-316?
>
>    <trackbot> action-316 -- Glenn Adams to Define temporally
>    active region in ttml1 for issue-314. -- due 2014-08-07 --
>    PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316
>
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316
>
>    close action-316
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-316.
>
>    action-317?
>
>    <trackbot> action-317 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Create a
>    link from presentation processor in imsc 1 to the definition in
>    ยง2.2 of ttml 1 se. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317
>
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317
>
>    [18]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/t
>    tml-ww-profiles.html
>
>      [18] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html
>
>    close action-317
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-317.
>
>    action-318?
>
>    <trackbot> action-318 -- Nigel Megitt to Draft note wording for
>    imsc conformance to disambiguate vs ttml presentation processor
>    conformance and dfxp profile requirement. -- due 2014-08-07 --
>    PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318
>
>      [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318
>
>    close action-318
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-318.
>
>    nigel: I haven't had a response from mike dolan re his
>    attendance and actions.
>
>    action-309?
>
>    <trackbot> action-309 -- Nigel Megitt to Propose a timeline for
>    ttml 2 fpwd -- due 2014-07-31 -- OPEN
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309
>
>      [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309
>
>    nigel: I've updated the due date on this one, putting it back
>    by a week.
>
> Issues Pending Review
>
>    issue-314
>
>    <trackbot> issue-314 -- Temporally active is not defined for
>    regions -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314
>
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314
>
>    issue-314: The fix has a typo - the term Temporally Active
>    Region is mislabelled as 'Temporally Active'.
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to issue-314 Temporally active is not
>    defined for regions.
>
>    reopen issue-314
>
>    <trackbot> Re-opened issue-314
>
> fixed typo and closed issue

> .
>
>    issue-331?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-331 -- An advisory note on the use of
>    backgrounds on regions in combination with forcedDisplay --
>    pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331
>
>      [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331
>
>    close issue-331
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-331.
>
> Issues Raised
>
>    issue-332?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-332 -- #cellResolution support -- raised
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332
>
>      [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332
>
>    nigel: I've opened this issue.
>
>    issue-288?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-288 -- Rules for splitting and accumulating
>    documents -- open
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288
>
>      [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288
>
>    nigel: I've updated Change Proposal 25 in relation to
>    issue-288.
>
>    [25]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025#Summary
>
>      [25] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025#Summary
>
>    nigel: I've proposed an addition to the previous work, to allow
>    TTML documents with identifiers on elements to be combined with
>    specified rules for uniqueness across the group.
>    ... This is at the syntactic level using knowledge of TTML,
>    i.e. it's not a generalisable XML approach.
>    ... For example identified descendants of <head> must remain
>    identical across the set, to a deep level excepting metadata,
>    ... whereas identified descendants of <body> can be combined
>    additively and therefore don't require strict identity.
>
> I haven't read the proposal yet, but if it suggests doing this with
xml:id, then I will likely oppose it. If there is to be a linkage
mechanism, it should be done using a new ttm: attribute.

>
>
> Change Proposals
>
>    [26]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001
>
>      [26] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001
>
>    nigel: Is CP1 dealt with by the animation proposals?
>
>    jdsmith: I think this has been implemented - I'll confirm
>    offline.
>
>    nigel: Meeting adjourned
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
>     1.138 ([28]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2014-08-07 14:44:04 $
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2014 16:55:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC