W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 7/8/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 14:47:50 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0094FB1.F806%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Minutes available in HTML at: http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-minutes.html

Text version:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

07 Aug 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          jdsmith, nigel, Andreas

   Regrets
          pal, courtney

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]Geneva F2F September
         3. [6]Action Items
         4. [7]Issues Pending Review
         5. [8]Issues Raised
         6. [9]Change Proposals
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 07 August 2014

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

This meeting

   No AOBs to notify

Geneva F2F September

   [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planni
   ng/results

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/results

   nigel: If we have a small number of WebVTT experts present then
   I will make the agenda reflect the interests of those present.
   ... I'm willing to take suggestions on how best to arrange the
   agenda.
   ... The TPAC registration form has not been updated for our
   Tuesday meeting yet - I know tmichel and plh are on the case.

Action Items

   action-310?

   <trackbot> action-310 -- Nigel Megitt to Follow up with staff
   re andreas's membership status -- due 2014-08-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310

   nigel: I pinged tmichel and plh and tmichel responded - still
   in progress

   andreas: I plan to attend Geneva, so hopefully my membership
   will have been processed by then!

   close action-310

   <trackbot> Closed action-310.

   action-312?

   <trackbot> action-312 -- Glenn Adams to Add ednote to ttml2
   about timing computation on out-of-line animations w.r.t. their
   referring element(s) -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312

   action-314?

   <trackbot> action-314 -- Nigel Megitt to Raise an issue on
   imsc1 for an advisory note on forceddisplay and region
   backgrounds. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314

   nigel: I created Issue-331 for this.

   close action-314

   <trackbot> Closed action-314.

   action-315?

   <trackbot> action-315 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Change
   "informative" to "not normative" everywhere in imsc 1 -- due
   2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315

   close action-315

   <trackbot> Closed action-315.

   action-316?

   <trackbot> action-316 -- Glenn Adams to Define temporally
   active region in ttml1 for issue-314. -- due 2014-08-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316

   close action-316

   <trackbot> Closed action-316.

   action-317?

   <trackbot> action-317 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Create a
   link from presentation processor in imsc 1 to the definition in
   2.2 of ttml 1 se. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317

   [18]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/t
   tml-ww-profiles.html

     [18] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html

   close action-317

   <trackbot> Closed action-317.

   action-318?

   <trackbot> action-318 -- Nigel Megitt to Draft note wording for
   imsc conformance to disambiguate vs ttml presentation processor
   conformance and dfxp profile requirement. -- due 2014-08-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318

   close action-318

   <trackbot> Closed action-318.

   nigel: I haven't had a response from mike dolan re his
   attendance and actions.

   action-309?

   <trackbot> action-309 -- Nigel Megitt to Propose a timeline for
   ttml 2 fpwd -- due 2014-07-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309

   nigel: I've updated the due date on this one, putting it back
   by a week.

Issues Pending Review

   issue-314

   <trackbot> issue-314 -- Temporally active is not defined for
   regions -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314

   issue-314: The fix has a typo - the term Temporally Active
   Region is mislabelled as 'Temporally Active'.

   <trackbot> Notes added to issue-314 Temporally active is not
   defined for regions.

   reopen issue-314

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-314.

   issue-331?

   <trackbot> issue-331 -- An advisory note on the use of
   backgrounds on regions in combination with forcedDisplay --
   pending review

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331

   close issue-331

   <trackbot> Closed issue-331.

Issues Raised

   issue-332?

   <trackbot> issue-332 -- #cellResolution support -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332

     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332

   nigel: I've opened this issue.

   issue-288?

   <trackbot> issue-288 -- Rules for splitting and accumulating
   documents -- open

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288

   nigel: I've updated Change Proposal 25 in relation to
   issue-288.

   [25]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025#Summary

     [25] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025#Summary

   nigel: I've proposed an addition to the previous work, to allow
   TTML documents with identifiers on elements to be combined with
   specified rules for uniqueness across the group.
   ... This is at the syntactic level using knowledge of TTML,
   i.e. it's not a generalisable XML approach.
   ... For example identified descendants of <head> must remain
   identical across the set, to a deep level excepting metadata,
   ... whereas identified descendants of <body> can be combined
   additively and therefore don't require strict identity.

Change Proposals

   [26]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

     [26] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

   nigel: Is CP1 dealt with by the animation proposals?

   jdsmith: I think this has been implemented - I'll confirm
   offline.

   nigel: Meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-08-07 14:44:04 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2014 14:48:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC