W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 7/8/2014

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 23:56:54 +0200
Message-ID: <CAF_7JxAv1VfykzvTvXU=4S6-evT2i9SBwJOpJqCsDs5m=Sw0GA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Regrets for tomorrow due to a prior commitment. I plan to address issues
310, 311 and 330 in time for consideration at the August 14 meeting.

-- Pierre


On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>   *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>
>  Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
>  Please check
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43
>
>  Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am Boston local
>
>  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
>  IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
>  *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
>  *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>
>  *Scribe: [to assign during meeting]*
>
>  *Regrets: *
>
>  *Activity since last meeting: *
>
>  Actions: Action-310, Action-311, Action-314, Action-318;
>  Issues discussed: Issue-331;
>  Issues raised: none;
>  Geneva F2F survey responses;
>  Call for Exclusion on IMSC.
>
>   *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting*
>
>  Check-point for order of topics โ€“ I'd suggest:
>  1. Geneva F2F September
> 2. MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter, if we're quorate on this topic
> 3. Action Items.
>  4. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on
> IMSC 1 but not discussed
>  5. Planning for next change proposals to work on
>  6. AOB โ€“ please notify now!
>
>  Reminder re future meetings as agreed last week:
>
>  August 7: 1 hour
> August 14: 2 hours
> August 21: 1 hour
> August 28: cancelled
>
>   *Agenda+ Geneva F2F September*
>
>    ACTION-295 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit> pending
> review Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295> David Singer
> 2014-06-05
>
>
>  Survey created at [1], should now be open to TTWG and TTCG members.
>  *Please complete this survey even if you will not attend. The survey
> closes in 1 week, on 15th August.*
>
>  There have been some responses from attendees this week, including
> several WebVTT folk who are unable to attend.
>
>  Wiki page at [2] including draft agenda.
>
>  By the way, TPAC registration is open, but the registration form has not
> yet been updated to reflect our decision to meet on the Tuesday (as well as
> the Monday, which is listed).
>
>  *Agenda+ Call for exclusion (Patent Policy) on IMSC*
>
>  Just for noting, the email call for exclusion is at [3].
>
>  *Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter*
>
>    ISSUE-305 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
> Profile short names PENDING REVIEW Register of TTML profiles and short
> names <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305> 2014-05-01 1 Timed
> Text Working Group <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>
>
>   ISSUE-280 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
> nested-profiles CLOSED Add ability to define a profile from multiple
> profiles. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280> 2013-09-06
> TTML2 0
> ACTION-284 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit> closed Create
> the registry page <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284> Glenn
> Adams 2014-05-01
>
> ACTION-290 <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[image:
> (edit)] <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit> open Describe
> the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from
> dece for issue-305. <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290> Mike
> Dolan 2014-05-29
>
>
>  Liaison in mail archive at [4] and text reproduced in ACTION-282.
> Response at [5].
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items pending review*
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-310
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310/edit> pending review Follow
> up with staff re andreas's membership status
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310> Nigel Megitt
> 2014-08-07   ACTION-312
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312/edit> pending review Add
> ednote to ttml2 about timing computation on out-of-line animations w.r.t.
> their referring element(s)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-07   ACTION-313
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313/edit> pending review Create
> erratum for issue-314
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-07   ACTION-314
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314/edit> pending review Raise
> an issue on imsc1 for an advisory note on forceddisplay and region
> backgrounds. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314> Nigel
> Megitt 2014-08-07 forcedDisplay region background note
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331>  ACTION-315
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315/edit> pending review Change
> "informative" to "not normative" everywhere in imsc 1
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315> Pierre-Anthony
> Lemieux 2014-08-07 TTML IMSC 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>  ACTION-316
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316/edit> pending review Define
> temporally active region in ttml1 for issue-314.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-07   ACTION-317
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317/edit> pending review Create
> a link from presentation processor in imsc 1 to the definition in ยง2.2 of
> ttml 1 se. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317> Pierre-Anthony
> Lemieux 2014-08-07 TTML IMSC 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>  ACTION-318
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318/edit> pending review Draft
> note wording for imsc conformance to disambiguate vs ttml presentation
> processor conformance and dfxp profile requirement.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318> Nigel Megitt
> 2014-08-07 TTML IMSC 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
>
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week*
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-290
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit> open Describe
> the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from
> dece for issue-305. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290> Mike
> Dolan 2014-05-29   ACTION-307
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307/edit> open Assign
> priorities to change proposals owned by mdolan
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307> Mike Dolan
> 2014-07-24   ACTION-309
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309/edit> open Propose
> a timeline for ttml 2 fpwd
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309> Nigel Megitt
> 2014-07-31
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-311
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311/edit> open Check
> with mdolan on status of issue-263 and issue-305 etc
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311> Nigel Megitt
> 2014-08-07
>  *Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed, raised over the past week and
> open on IMSC 1*
>
>  Pending Review
>    ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-263
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit> PENDING REVIEW profile
> feature set may not match intended feature constraints
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263> 2013-07-17 TTML
> Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US) 0  ISSUE-314
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
> Temporally active is not defined for regions PENDING REVIEW Temporally
> active is not defined for regions
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314> 2014-05-21 TTML 1.0
> 0  ISSUE-331 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331/edit>
> forcedDisplay region background note PENDING REVIEW An advisory note on
> the use of backgrounds on regions in combination with forcedDisplay
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331> 2014-08-01 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0
>
>  We have a limited timescale for working on IMSC 1, as previously agreed.
> The following issues are currently Open on IMSC 1:
>    ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-307
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
> Profile and conformance terminology OPEN Conformance language and
> processor profile rather than content profile.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307> 2014-05-02 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-310
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
> progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition OPEN Forward
> reference rule doesn't take into account child elements
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310> 2014-05-21 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-311
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311/edit>
> Note on progressivelyDecodable OPEN Note on progressivelyDecodable is not
> a sentence <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>
> 2014-05-21 TTML IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-315
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
> Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint OPEN Maximum
> number of regions should be a processor constraint
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-319
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
> HRM should be a processor compliance test OPEN HRM should be a processor
> compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use
> cases <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-327
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
> IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines OPEN IMSC should meet
> W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327> 2014-07-21 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-330
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330/edit>
> Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region? OPEN Is
> Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330> 2014-07-28 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0
>
>  *Agenda+ Change Proposals โ€“ progress and review*
>
>   Change Proposal Index is at [6]. Priorities have yet to be assigned by Mike
> (see actions above).
>
>  Our current priority 1 CPs are:
>   1 OPEN 1 Jerry Smith TTML2 Amendments to the set attribute
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>  5 OPEN 1 Jerry Smith
> TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>  12 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Profile fixes <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>  15
> OPEN 1 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>  16 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Style.Conditional <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
> 17 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>  19 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
> 25 OPEN 1 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
> Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting. This isn't looking very realistic
> right now:
>   January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
> April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues <-- We're still
> here!
> August: Last Call
>
>  *Agenda+ AOB*
>
>
>  *References*
>
>  [1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
> [2] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014
> [3] Call for Exclusions (Update): TTML Text and Image Profiles for
> Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.0
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Jul/0054.html
> [4] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
> [5] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
> [6] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
> Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 6 August 2014 21:57:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC