W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 7/8/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 15:53:27 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0080E02.F74B%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-310, Action-311, Action-314, Action-318;
Issues discussed: Issue-331;
Issues raised: none;
Geneva F2F survey responses;
Call for Exclusion on IMSC.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter, if we're quorate on this topic
3. Action Items.
4. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
5. Planning for next change proposals to work on
6. AOB  please notify now!

Reminder re future meetings as agreed last week:

August 7: 1 hour
August 14: 2 hours
August 21: 1 hour
August 28: cancelled

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

ACTION-295<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit>     pending review  Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>     David Singer    2014-06-05



Survey created at [1], should now be open to TTWG and TTCG members.
Please complete this survey even if you will not attend. The survey closes in 1 week, on 15th August.

There have been some responses from attendees this week, including several WebVTT folk who are unable to attend.

Wiki page at [2] including draft agenda.

By the way, TPAC registration is open, but the registration form has not yet been updated to reflect our decision to meet on the Tuesday (as well as the Monday, which is listed).

Agenda+ Call for exclusion (Patent Policy) on IMSC

Just for noting, the email call for exclusion is at [3].

Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter

ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>

ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles CLOSED  Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     closed  Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01


ACTION-290<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>       open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>   Mike Dolan      2014-05-29



Liaison in mail archive at [4] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [5].

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310/edit>     pending review  Follow up with staff re andreas's membership status<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310>       Nigel Megitt    2014-08-07
ACTION-312<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312/edit>     pending review  Add ednote to ttml2 about timing computation on out-of-line animations w.r.t. their referring element(s)<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312>  Glenn Adams     2014-08-07
ACTION-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313/edit>     pending review  Create erratum for issue-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-07
ACTION-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314/edit>     pending review  Raise an issue on imsc1 for an advisory note on forceddisplay and region backgrounds.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314>     Nigel Megitt    2014-08-07      forcedDisplay region background note<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331>
ACTION-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315/edit>     pending review  Change "informative" to "not normative" everywhere in imsc 1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315>      Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ACTION-316<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316/edit>     pending review  Define temporally active region in ttml1 for issue-314.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316>   Glenn Adams     2014-08-07
ACTION-317<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317/edit>     pending review  Create a link from presentation processor in imsc 1 to the definition in 2.2 of ttml 1 se.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317>       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ACTION-318<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318/edit>     pending review  Draft note wording for imsc conformance to disambiguate vs ttml presentation processor conformance and dfxp profile requirement.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318>  Nigel Megitt    2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>



Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-290<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>     open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>  Mike Dolan      2014-05-29
ACTION-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307/edit>     open    Assign priorities to change proposals owned by mdolan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>     Mike Dolan      2014-07-24
ACTION-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309/edit>     open    Propose a timeline for ttml 2 fpwd<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>        Nigel Megitt    2014-07-31

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311/edit>     open    Check with mdolan on status of issue-263 and issue-305 etc<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311>        Nigel Megitt    2014-08-07

Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed, raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

Pending Review
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-263<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>     2013-07-17      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0
ISSUE-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
Temporally active is not defined for regions    PENDING REVIEW  Temporally active is not defined for regions<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>       2014-05-21      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-331<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331/edit>
forcedDisplay region background note    PENDING REVIEW  An advisory note on the use of backgrounds on regions in combination with forcedDisplay<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331>    2014-08-01      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

We have a limited timescale for working on IMSC 1, as previously agreed. The following issues are currently Open on IMSC 1:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition    OPEN    Forward reference rule doesn't take into account child elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>    2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311/edit>
Note on progressivelyDecodable  OPEN    Note on progressivelyDecodable is not a sentence<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-327<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-330<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330/edit>
Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?     OPEN    Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>        2014-07-28      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Agenda+ Change Proposals  progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [6]. Priorities have yet to be assigned by Mike (see actions above).

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting. This isn't looking very realistic right now:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues <-- We're still here!
August: Last Call

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
[2] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014
[3] Call for Exclusions (Update): TTML Text and Image Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.0 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Jul/0054.html
[4] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[5] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[6] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 6 August 2014 15:53:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC