W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2014

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 17/4/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:11:13 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CF75ACD0.1C30C%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Minutes available at: http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html,txt



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

17 Apr 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          glenn, plh, tmichel, glenn, jdsmith, nigel

   Regrets
   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]TPAC 2014
         2. [5]IMSC progress
         3. [6]Actions
         4. [7]action items overdue
         5. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 17 April 2014

TPAC 2014

   <nigel>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TPAC2014Planning/resul

   ts

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TPAC2014Planning/results


   Nigel: survey is still open
   ... we have yes and prefer on Monday
   ... looks like we're looking at Monday and Friday at themoment
   ... Glenn would prefer not Monday

   Glenn: any tentative schedule yet?

   plh: not yet
   ... HTML and WebApps will likely be usual

   NigeL: Timed Text CG would be nice to meet with
   ... didn't talk with David yet

   Plh: we don't provide space for CGs to meet during TPAC

   Nigel: we should invite them to join one of our sessions then

   plh: sounds reasonable

   Nigel: for agenda items: TTML 2
   ... survey is open until next week

IMSC progress

   Pierre: my primary activity was to update the editors draft
   ... now referencing TTML 1
   ... name is ISMC 1.0 now
   ... Id like this group to consider FPWD now
   ... also some comments from John Birch
   ... I don't think the comments were against publication. hard
   to find specific requested changes.
   ... so didn't detect anything that were incompatible with FPWD

   Nigel: correct, FPWD doesn't imply endorsement. I read John's
   email as proposing to help with editing

   Pierre: I'd be glad to get more specific comments

   Nigel: I sent some pubrules changes

   Pierre: wasn't sure if those were proposed or final

   Nigel: fair enough to get it out there
   ... any objection to FPWD?

   Resolved: IMSC 1.0 to be published as FPWD

   Nigel: ok, let's get this decision to the list, give the 10
   days, target publication: May 1

   Pierre: ok, I'll get everything in order for then

   <tmichel> ok give me the latest url so I start checking the
   document

   <pal_> @tmichel:
   [11]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/52e24aaec29b/ttml-ww-p

   rofiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html

     [11] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/52e24aaec29b/ttml-ww-profiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html


   <tmichel> I will take a look at it and will gone back to you
   next week

   <pal_> @tmichel: thanks!

   ttml-ww-profiles

   imsc, ttml-imsc, t-imsc?

   tt-imsc?

   <tmichel> ttml-imsc

   objection to ttml-imsc?

   ttml-imsc1

   <glenn> ttml1-imsc

   <glenn> ttml2-imsc

   <pal_> ttml1-imsc1?

   Resolved to use ttml-imsc1

   <tmichel> ok

   <tmichel> so publication date should be first week of may ?

   plh: how about adding the subject header in the status

   <glenn> suggest headers use [IMSC] if not version specific or
   [IMSC1]/[IMSC2] otherwise

   Resolved: use [ttml-imsc1] in the subject header of emails for
   comments

   <tmichel> I will let you know what to add exactly

   <tmichel> you acn add it into the "mailto"

   Glenn: would prefer [imsc]

   Pierre: +1

   Resolved (again) : use [imsc] in the subject header of emails
   for comments

   Nigel: can we do the same for ttml2 then?

   Glenn: I would use [ttml], folks can add a version number if
   it's specific

   <scribe> ACTION: Pierre to add [imsc] subject header in the
   IMSC draft [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-279 - Add [imsc] subject header in
   the imsc draft [on Pierre-Anthony Lemieux - due 2014-04-24].

   <scribe> ACTION: Glenn to use [ttml] in the subject header in
   TTML drafts [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-280 - Use [ttml] in the subject
   header in ttml drafts [on Glenn Adams - due 2014-04-24].

Actions

   action-215?

   <trackbot> action-215 -- Glenn Adams to Specify special
   semantics for tts:{extent, origin} on content elements to map
   to new inline region feature -- due 2014-04-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/215


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/215


   Nigel: this is related to issue 176

   issue-176?

   <trackbot> issue-176 -- Adding support for extent and origin
   attributes on block elements -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/176


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/176


   Glenn: didn't get comments
   ... I suggest to close them
   ... we have an editorial note for inline regions but that's
   independent

   Nigel: not obvious they shouldn't be independent.

   <nigel>
   [17]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml2/spec/ttm

   l2.html#layout-attribute-region

     [17] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html#layout-attribute-region


   close issue-176

   <trackbot> Closed issue-176.

   close action-215

   <trackbot> Closed action-215.

   action-278?

   <trackbot> action-278 -- Glenn Adams to Add ednote to 9.3.2
   with reminder to deal with case of having multiple inline
   regions possibly with additional reference to out-of-line
   region -- due 2014-04-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/278


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/278


   [19]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/b78e2a0db0b1


     [19] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/b78e2a0db0b1


   close action-278

   <trackbot> Closed action-278.

action items overdue

   action-274?

   <trackbot> action-274 -- Nigel Megitt to Discuss with david
   singer possibilities for f2f before going ahead and adding ttwg
   to tpac agenda. -- due 2014-03-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/274


     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/274


   Nigel: we're looking at going ahead with the f2f
   ... we can have an additional f2f before that time
   ... Daivd favors it
   ... I can host it in London

   plh: timeframe?

   Nigel: unclear at the moment

   Nigel: September?

   Pierre: in that month, there is a SMPTE meeting, IVC
   ... we would have to go around those events
   ... s/IBC/IBC/

   Nigel: IBC is September 10 to 15 or 16

   <pal_> [23]http://www.ibc.org/


     [23] http://www.ibc.org/


   Pierre: SMPTE is just after

   Nigel: so IBC runs from 11 to 16

   <nigel>
   [24]http://www.ibc.org/page.cfm/Action=VCalendarIndex/CalendarI

   D=3/t=m

     [24] http://www.ibc.org/page.cfm/Action=VCalendarIndex/CalendarID=3/t=m


   Pierre: SMPTE is probably September 17 to 21
   ... in Geneva

   Nigel: IBC is in AMsterdam

   NigeL; squeezing in between would fail

   Pierre: first day of SMPTE is flexible

   Glenn: how about 16-17?

   <scribe> ACTION: Nigel to talk to Frans about hosting a meeting
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-281 - Talk to franz about hosting a
   meeting [on Nigel Megitt - due 2014-04-24].

   Nigel: will continue to talk to David as well

   Pierre: what would the goal be?
   ... brainstorm first then solve remaining issues at the
   meeting?

   Nigel: goal is to have both groups, looking at the concepts of
   both format
   ... might go throught the logical concept first

   Pierre: so, sounds like brainstorming

   <glenn>
   [26]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml1-api/Over

   view.html

     [26] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml1-api/Overview.html


   plh: btw, HTML wg talked about datacue last week

   Jerry: should ttmlcue be in ttml spec?

   Glenn: I started to work on it in November. would probably need
   a refresh

   Plh: we ought to make sure on our mapping with HTML5 prior to
   the september meeting

   Jerry: what's the timeline for the API?

   Glenn: I'd like the TTML1 API to be published

   plh: differences between ttml 1 and 2 api?

   Glenn: ttml1 is raw. for 2, I'd like to include more of the
   mapping

AOB

   issue-304?

   <trackbot> issue-304 -- Non-standard unqualified attributes not
   permitted -- open

   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304


     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304


   Glenn: we also made progress on the TTML validator at w3c

   <glenn> [28]http://validator-test.w3.org/ttml


     [28] http://validator-test.w3.org/ttml


   Glenn: that's the TTV tool
   ... it's in beta
   ... but folks can start playing with it

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Glenn to use [ttml] in the subject header in TTML
   drafts [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Nigel to talk to Frans about hosting a meeting
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Pierre to add [imsc] subject header in the IMSC
   draft [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/04/17-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [32]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([33]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-04-17 15:06:08 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/






----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Thursday, 17 April 2014 15:11:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:14 UTC