From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: 01 May 2013 21:23
To: Sean Hayes
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Re: FW: additional examples

Questions:

For paint-on example,

(1) you include the same begin/duration for each paragraph; i wonder if it would be just as easy to put that on the outer div and remove timing on the paragraphs

(2) you include some '-' characters, i.e., #PCDATA, as children of div (between paragraphs), but #PCDATA is not supported there;

(3) i wonder if it is necessary to have multiple paragraphs each performing paint-on, when one should suffice for an example

For roll-up example,

(1) you include some '-' characters, i.e., #PCDATA, as children of div (between paragraphs), but #PCDATA is not supported there;

(2) presumably, you are relying on the Note in 9.3.2 to effect smooth scrolling to achieve a smooth rather than discrete (jump) roll-up effect, yes?
Note:

Where an implementation is able to detect significant similarity between two adjacent synchronic document instances, DOCinterN DOCinterN−1, then it is preferred that the implementation make the transition between presenting the two instances as smooth as possible, e.g., as described by [CEA-608-C]<file:///\\Users\glenn\work\w3c\ttml\ttml10\spec\ttaf1-dfxp.html#cea608c>, § C.3.