W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2013

TTWG Meeting Minutes Jan 3, 2013

From: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:30:04 +0000
To: "'public-tt@w3.org'" <public-tt@w3.org>, "Glenn Adams (glenn@skynav.com)" <glenn@skynav.com>, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Message-ID: <b3a1f9ab89b646fdb52acb151fb28613@BY2PR03MB059.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Links: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html,text
http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html 

Minutes
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

03 Jan 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          mmartin3, Sean, Plh, mijordan, pal

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          mmartin3

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]SDP-US
         2. [5]Second Edition
         3. [6]Any other business?
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 03 January 2013

   Chair Sean Hayes

   Regrets Glenn Adams (Glenn is traveling)

   <plh> [8]http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-ttml10-sdp-us-20130103/

      [8] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-ttml10-sdp-us-20130103/

SDP-US

   Published Jan 3.

   See above.

   mmartin3: Review to Jan 31.
   ... Notice to W3C members?

   plh: We send a note to chairs list.
   ... Get input from other external organizations - EBU, SMPTE,
   etc.

   sean: Sent note for transition.

   plh: Will reply to chairs list to alert people to review.

   sean: No specific group is needed.

   plh: Notify SMPTE?

   mjordan: They meet this afternoon normally but not perhaps
   today.

   sean: Send note to SMPTE group. I will do so.

   mmartin3: DECE too

   sean: MS employees are in DECE.

   mmartin3: Pierre

   pal: Will send to DECE.

   mmartin3: Send note to TTWG list too.

   <plh> deadline for comments is January 31, 2013.

Second Edition

   [9]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-df
   xp.html

      [9] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html

   mmartin3: No update since Dec 6.

   Action-133?

   <trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Mike Dolan to create updated template
   and summary of media type record for Glenn. -- due 2012-12-13
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/133

     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/133

   mmartin3: Don't know status from Glenn.
   ... DECE also interested.

   sean: Found issues with prose and algorithm for pruning.
   ... Open an issue today Jan 3.
   ... Section 9.3.2.
   ... See
   [11]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1

     [11] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1

   Action Sean Raise an issue on inconsistency between prose and
   algorithm for pruning - see
   [12]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1.

     [12] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1.

   <scribe> ACTION: Sean Raise an issue on inconsistency between
   prose and algorithm for pruning - see
   [13]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html#action01]

     [13] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Raise an issue on inconsistency
   between prose and algorithm for pruning - see
   [15]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1. [on Sean Hayes - due
   2013-01-10].

     [15] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1.

   pal: Another issue of transforming a TTML file to a set of
   synchronic documents using set elements. Need to clarify
   normative means.

   sean: Need to be consistent with semantics with implementers
   such as IE.

   <scribe> ACTION: Sean Create an issue on set element re:
   transformation between TTML file and synchronic documents. Sean
   to investigate. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-135 - Create an issue on set element
   re: transformation between TTML file and synchronic documents.
   Sean to investigate. [on Sean Hayes - due 2013-01-10].

   mmartin3: Timeline for Second Edition?

   sean: At least 1 more week. Revisit Jan 10.

Any other business?

   sean: None. Adjourn.

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Sean Create an issue on set element re:
   transformation between TTML file and synchronic documents. Sean
   to investigate. [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sean Raise an issue on inconsistency between
   prose and algorithm for pruning - see
   [18]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/03-tt-minutes.html#action01]

     [18] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#semantics-region-layout-step-1.

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________

Monica

Monica J Martin
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc. 
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
Received on Thursday, 3 January 2013 15:34:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 3 January 2013 15:34:31 GMT