XML schema error for tts:extent usage

From: Michael A Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:02:52 -0800
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
TTML Enthusiasts-

I believe there is an error in the TTML XML schema regarding the use of
tts:extent.

TTML 1.0 says in the definition of extent that it is permitted on both
<region> and <tt> elements:

http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#style-attribute-extent

However, the schema both forbids it on <tt>, and allows it on <body>:

http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#dfxp-schema-xsd

Since the prose takes precedence, I believe the schema should be corrected
and brought into conformance.

DECE (Ultraviolet) CFF-TT is derived from SMPTE-TT, which extends TTML.
CFF-TT *requires* tts:extent on <tt> so this schema error prevents
validating all instance documents. For more information on CFF-TT, see the
Common File Format and Media Formats Specification published here:

http://www.uvvu.com/uv-for-business.php

Since this seems straight forward and obvious, I hope the WG will be able to
promptly act on this and correct the published schema.

Thank you.

Regards,

                Mike

                DECE Technical Working Group Co-Chair