Re: XML schema error for tts:extent usage (ISSUE-149)

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 14:02 -0800, Michael A Dolan wrote:
> I believe there is an error in the TTML XML schema regarding the use
> of tts:extent.
>

> TTML 1.0 says in the definition of extent that it is permitted on both
> <region> and <tt> elements:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#style-attribute-extent
>

> However, the schema both forbids it on <tt>, and allows it on <body>:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#dfxp-schema-xsd
>

> Since the prose takes precedence, I believe the schema should be
> corrected and brought into conformance.

Hi Michael,

thank you for forwarding this to the list.

Indeed, section 8.2.7 does list tts:extent applying to the tt element
[1], and appendix B is clear that the body of the specification takes
precedence over the schema [2].

Yet, B.1.2.6 [3] and B.2.2.5 [4] don't allow extent on the tt element.

The attributeGroup tt.attlist should read as follows:

  <xs:attributeGroup name="tt.attlist">
    <xs:attributeGroup ref="tt:Core.required.attrib.class"/>
    <xs:attributeGroup ref="ttp:Parameter.attrib.class"/>
    <xs:attribute ref="tts:extent"/>
  </xs:attributeGroup

And TTAF.tt.attlist should read

TTAF.tt.attlist &=
  TTAF.Core.required.attrib.class,
  TTAF.Parameter.attrib.class,
  TTAF.extent.attrib

Hopefully, that should fix it.

Unless someone objects within a week, I'll publish an erratum  for
B.1.2.6 and B.2.2.5 at
 http://www.w3.org/2010/11/ttml-issues.html

Thank you,

Philippe