Re: TTML after March

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:37:09 -0800
Cc: public-tt <public-tt@w3.org>
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
I'd like to move to a CG for a while.  I think that there is some work to be done; the one that comes immediately to mind is documenting the profile of TTML as she is used.  A full-on WG may not be needed.

On Jan 11, 2012, at 13:40 , Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> The charter of the TTML Working Group will expire at the end of March
> 2012 [1] (it was extended for one year in 2011). I'm curious about the
> thoughts from individuals here about what to do, if anything, beyond the
> end of March.
>
> For example, SMPTE did some extensions to SMPTE-TT back in 2010. Should
> we look at those and fold them back in the specification?

maybe…

> Dynamic flow was removed from the specification due to lack of
> implementation experience. Should it be reconsidered?
>
> Should we switch from XSL FO to CSS?

or document how CSS styling can be used.  People think that XSL is intrinsic, and I am not sure the group agrees.

> Should we do a profile of TTML as well and retaining features that are
> the most deployed?

Yes!  This is urgent!

> Or should the group just declare victory and go home?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Philippe
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/timed-text-wg.html
> [2]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-ttaf1-dfxp-20100223/#style-attribute-dynamicFlow
>
> PS: if someone wants to ask the Timed Text Community Group for feedback
> on this matter as well, feel free to forward this message. Input is
> welcome!

David Singer