Writing mode

From: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:36:36 +0100
To: Public TTWG List <public-tt@w3.org>
We currently allow values of lrtb | rltb | tbrl | tblr | lr | rl | tb | inherit for the writingMode property.

But unless I'm missing something, there is no way in the reduced formatting model of timed text to distinguish between lrtb and rltb modes; since in both modes mode, I can't see any way to get two blocks to be placed side by side.

Is there any distinction we can make between these modes in the test suite? If not, should we perhaps just restrict the value set to:   tbrl | tblr | lr | tb | inherit ?

Sean Hayes
Media Accessibility Strategist
Accessibility Business Unit
Microsoft