W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2009

RE: broken test suite - tts: namespace value

From: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:26:46 +0100
To: "Glenn A. Adams" <gadams@xfsi.com>, Public TTWG List <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AB3FC8E280628440B366A29DABB6B6E806CE1E4AC7@EA-EXMSG-C334.europe.corp.microsoft.com>
Well my implementation can use styling or style. So I don't care.  It would resolve the issue with the least effort to if we adopt the namespace currently defined by the tests.

Also I just noticed that some of the tests are still using desc and some descr. There may be other errors too.



From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Glenn A. Adams
Sent: 17 April 2009 10:40 AM
To: Glenn Adams; Public TTWG List
Subject: Re: broken test suite - tts: namespace value

of course, the alternative (compromise) would be to change the spec to make the incorrect implementations correct; if my implementation is the only correct one, then I can easily change mine to the de facto usage;

On 4/17/09 5:28 PM, "Glenn Adams" <gadams@xfsi.com> wrote:

I am presently verifying the current test suite against the XFSI dfxpvw application, and I noticed that every test file is broken in that it uses an undefined namespace value for the tts: prefix. There is only one correct namespace value according the specification, and that is "http://www.w3.org/2006/10/ttaf1#style". I am fixing this problem in my local copy of test suite so I can run the tests.

But this needs to get fixed ASAP in the test suites so we don't propagate incorrect implementations.

G.
Received on Friday, 17 April 2009 10:25:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:42 GMT