W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2005

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 03/17/05

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:34:10 +0200
Message-ID: <425AFB62.20401@w3.org>
To: public-tt@w3.org

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 03/17/05

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

Regrets

  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]
  Sean Hayes (Microsoft) [SH]

************************************************************************
1. Status of 2nd Public Draft
************************************************************************

[GA] Notes comments from John Birch on ttp:markerMode and use of
durations in context of discontinuous marker based timing [1]. See also
open issue #2 below posed by [DS].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2005Mar/0002.html

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of durations
with discontinuous marker mode onto F2F agenda.

[GA] Notes contribution from John Birch on background modes [2].

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2005Mar/0004.html

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of background
style variations onto F2F agenda.

************************************************************************
2. Status of 1st Last Call Working Draft
************************************************************************

Resolution: To publish [3], as further updated by [GA] at [4], as first
Last Call WD.

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2005Mar/0033.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2005Mar/0037.html

************************************************************************
3. F2F Logistics
************************************************************************

Action: [TM] Contact Adam Wells <adamw@apple.com <mailto:adamw@apple.com?Subject=Re:%20Draft%20Minutes%20-%20Telecon%2003%2F17%2F05&In-Reply-To=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03C358@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E&References=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03C358@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E>> the week before F2F to
indicate number of attendees.

Action: [*] Reminder to register for F2F.

[EH] Will attend by phone.

[DK] Will either attend in person or by phone (looking like the latter).

************************************************************************
4. Action Items
************************************************************************

[GA] Notes that closed action items have been purged.

************************************************************************
5. Open Issues
************************************************************************

[GA] Summarizes following open issues. Will put on agenda for upcoming
F2F meeting.

1. [DS] doesn't like example of multiple <set>s to show a fade.

2. [DS] whether to permit expressing durations in real or media time
while operating in discontinuous SMPTE marker mode; [GA] suggest we
(continue to) rule out durations while operating in discontinous mode;

3. [MD] wants to see buffer model characterized in streaming annex;
[GA] we could add a number of parameters that characterize certain
maximums that are relevant to buffering and processing on a user
agent, such as (where max* means the maximum of some value that
applies at a given instant in time):

* ttp:maxRegions    -- max regions at one time
* ttp:maxStyles     -- max styles that apply to content at one time
* ttp:maxCharacters -- max chars to be displayed at one time
* ttp:maxPixels     -- max pixels of regions at one time

4. [GA] there may be some authoring confusion around having a general
ttm:agent attribute for content, but then having a local (unqualfieid)
agent attribute for the ttm:actor element.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

Resolution: To publish [3], as further updated by [GA] at [4], as first
Last Call WD.

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of durations
with discontinuous marker mode onto F2F agenda.

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of background
style variations onto F2F agenda.

Action: [TM] Contact Adam Wells <adamw@apple.com <mailto:adamw@apple.com?Subject=Re:%20Draft%20Minutes%20-%20Telecon%2003%2F17%2F05&In-Reply-To=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03C358@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E&References=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03C358@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E>> the week before F2F to
indicate number of attendees.

Action: [*] Reminder to register for F2F.

*** CURRENT ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

Action: [GA] change language in vocab element defs that defines equiv
class of attrs in foreign namespace to not admit unqualified attrs.

Action: [GA] need to ensure that we document whether time intervals
are half-opened intervals or closed. We always use half-opened intervals
for [begin,end) = [begin,begin+dur).

Action: [GA] ensure there is language that gives precendence to
end over dur in case both are specified.

Action: [GA] formulate proposal to express coordinates in rows
and columns and to express total # of rows/cols for which content was
composed.

Partially done. Needs more work.

Action: [GA] ensure that all elements can also take ttm:* attributes,
but need to define in context of specific elements which ones have
standard semantics.

Action: [GA] define semantics of ttm:agent metadata attribute such that
inner specifications override outer specifications, e.g.,

Action: [GA] for each AFXP style property that we don't include in DFXP,
need to specify a normative default value for DFXP, but do so in a way
that doesn't require normative use of AFXP specification.

Action: [GA] since <color>s are opaque, need to say so in verbiage.

Action: [GA] Ensure that if we define overflow="clip" on region that
we say that outermost region is expected to be clipped in all cases.

Action: [KB] Review the March 2002 TT Task Force requirements to see if
the current TT-AF-1-0-REQ does not include all those earlier
requirements,
and if not, then make a case for including in TT-AF-1-0-REQ. [TM] will
help as required and report back to WG.

Action: [GA] To verify that TTPRO DB is well configured to handle
DFXP comments.

Action: [DK] To help verify that TTPRO DB is populated with open
DFXP issues.

Action: [SH] to submit message to reflector on text-outline issue;

Action: [KB] to review metadata for content adaptation workshop
presentations [15] to see if there is relevant input to our work on
DFXP.

Action: [GA] add language under namespace and/or conventions section
that
indicates that if an element type is used unqualified in spec then it is
in tt: namespace.

Action: [GA] further research required on quoted-string.

Action: [DK]|[GF] respond to query at [2].

Action: [GA] to incorporate new tts:direction and tts:unicodeBidi
sample images provided by [GF].

Action: [GF] Supply image examples for tts:dynamicFlow, working
with John Birch as necessary.

Done.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Next telecon will be 03/31.

F2F - Apr 11-13/2005 - Mt View, CA (Apple)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2005Mar/0002.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2005Mar/0004.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2005Mar/0033.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2005Mar/0037.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Monday, 11 April 2005 22:34:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:33 GMT