W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2005

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 03/31/05

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:32:41 +0200
Message-ID: <425AFB09.7020506@w3.org>
To: public-tt@w3.org

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 03/31/05

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]
  Sean Hayes (Microsoft) [SH]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
1. Request for Delayed LC Comments from MMI/SYMM WGs
************************************************************************

[GA] Asks if any objection to approving delay until 04/25 of LC comments
from MMI and SYMM WGs.

[*] No Objection.

Action: [GA] to inform MMI and SYMM WGs that we will accept comments
until 04/25.

************************************************************************
2. LC Comments
************************************************************************

[GA] Notes a few interesting comments received so far:

1. Potential need for <img/> support; [GA] thinks one way to accommodate
while maintaining no external references would be something like:

<img type="image/png">
  <data encoding="hexBinary">...04ff69....</data>
</img>

This is preferred over use of "data:" URI scheme due to typical limits
on length of attribute values.

2. Potential need for <font/> support or for specifying minimum glyph
set support by built-in font families.

3. Further input on need for real-time or media-time durations in
combination with event based marker timing.

Action: [MD] to review new equipment in DFXP LC for SMPTE timing mode.

************************************************************************
3. Upcoming Meeting Schedule
************************************************************************

No telecon on 04/07 due to [GA] travel. Next meeting will be F2F at
Apple.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] to inform MMI and SYMM WGs that we will accept comments
until 04/25.

Action: [MD] to review new equipment in DFXP LC for SMPTE timing mode.

*** CURRENT ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

Action: [GA] change language in vocab element defs that defines equiv
class of attrs in foreign namespace to not admit unqualified attrs.

Action: [GA] need to ensure that we document whether time intervals
are half-opened intervals or closed. We always use half-opened intervals
for [begin,end) = [begin,begin+dur).

Action: [GA] ensure there is language that gives precendence to
end over dur in case both are specified.

Action: [GA] formulate proposal to express coordinates in rows
and columns and to express total # of rows/cols for which content was
composed.

Partially done. Needs more work.

Action: [GA] ensure that all elements can also take ttm:* attributes,
but need to define in context of specific elements which ones have
standard semantics.

Action: [GA] define semantics of ttm:agent metadata attribute such that
inner specifications override outer specifications, e.g.,

Action: [GA] for each AFXP style property that we don't include in DFXP,
need to specify a normative default value for DFXP, but do so in a way
that doesn't require normative use of AFXP specification.

Action: [GA] since <color>s are opaque, need to say so in verbiage.

Action: [GA] Ensure that if we define overflow="clip" on region that
we say that outermost region is expected to be clipped in all cases.

Action: [KB] Review the March 2002 TT Task Force requirements to see if
the current TT-AF-1-0-REQ does not include all those earlier
requirements,
and if not, then make a case for including in TT-AF-1-0-REQ. [TM] will
help as required and report back to WG.

Action: [GA] To verify that TTPRO DB is well configured to handle
DFXP comments.

Action: [DK] To help verify that TTPRO DB is populated with open
DFXP issues.

Action: [SH] to submit message to reflector on text-outline issue;

Action: [KB] to review metadata for content adaptation workshop
presentations [15] to see if there is relevant input to our work on
DFXP.

Action: [GA] add language under namespace and/or conventions section
that
indicates that if an element type is used unqualified in spec then it is
in tt: namespace.

Action: [GA] further research required on quoted-string.

Action: [DK]|[GF] respond to query at [2].

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of durations
with discontinuous marker mode onto F2F agenda.

Action: [GA] put issue raised by John Birch regarding use of background
style variations onto F2F agenda.

Action: [TM] Contact Adam Wells <adamw@apple.com <mailto:adamw@apple.com?Subject=Re:%20Draft%20Minutes%20-%20Telecon%2003%2F31%2F04&In-Reply-To=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C06C6C6@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E&References=%3C7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C06C6C6@longxuyen.xfsi.com%3E>> the week before F2F to
indicate number of attendees.

Action: [*] Reminder to register for F2F.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

NO telecon on 04/07.

F2F - Apr 11-13/2005 - Mt View, CA (Apple)

*** URIs ***

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Monday, 11 April 2005 22:32:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:33 GMT