W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 09/09/04

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:50:20 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20041019075020.D93C54F4A5@homer.w3.org>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 09/09/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]

Regrets

  Dick Bulterman (CWI) [DB]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
1. DFXP Draft Review
************************************************************************

[GA] Asks for comments on recent DFXP draft at [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Sep/0002.html

[DK] Should there be default values for each style defined in spec?

[GF] Supports this idea.

[DK] Should there be default time metric?

[DK] Can a single style element specify multiple style attributes?

[DK] Is it correct that <styling> can be empty?

[GA] Yes. Author should be able to specify empty content in all elements,
which won't be very useful from a user perspective.

[DK] Should region be able to indirectly reference styling via "style"
attribute, as is the case with g and content elements?

[DK] Should there be both style attributes as well as style child
elements of region element?

[GA] Style attributes are effectively abbreviation for special case
of style element which does not require use of element content to
express style value.

[GF] Asked about absolute positioning question that [GA] had
posted.

[GA] For each class of element with which style attributes can be
associated, need to indicate subset of styles that are semantically
applicable (i.e., others will be ignored). For example, tts:x, tts:y
should be ignored on content elements.

[GA] Asks members to consider need of SMPTE 12M markers?

[DK]/[MD] Supports this.

Action: [GA] to fix syntax for smpte marker in DFXP WD to add "smpte("
and ")" prefix and suffix.

[GA] Asks whether to put in metadata items? Describes that current
schema only has generic metadata wrapper.

[DK] Notes that the smpte time expression syntax permits only one digit
for hours. Probably need to ensure exactly 2 digits.

[MD] Will review syntax for SMPTE expressions.

************************************************************************
2. F2F Planning
************************************************************************

[GA] Thierry has set up telecon slots [2] for afternoons of F2F meetings.

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Sep/0011.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] to fix syntax for smpte marker in DFXP WD to add "smpte("
and ")" prefix and suffix.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Sep/0002.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Sep/0011.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Tuesday, 19 October 2004 07:50:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT