W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 08/26/04

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:49:06 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20041019074907.517344F598@homer.w3.org>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 08/26/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

Regrets

  Dick Bulterman (CWI) [DB]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]

************************************************************************
1. Approach for Drafting DFXP Schema and WD
************************************************************************

[GA] Had previously taken approach of drafting schema modules as
generic modules to be customized by profile specific drivers.
However, this produces a possible problem in that if we publish a
DFXP WD separately, then the modules contained therein would have
constructs that were not defined in the spec.

[GA] Thinks that it will be easier for editor, WG, reviewers, and
implementers if we make DFXP schema modules standalone, containing
only DFXP constructs.

[SH] Expresses concern about possible synchronization problems as we
move forward with full profile (GA calls AFXP - authoring format
exchange profile).

[GA] Thinks that given expected process, that we will have time to
make any modifications both to DFXP and AFXP WDs to ensure they are
synchronized prior to reaching REC status.

[SH] Can accept approach then.

[GA] Will assume working plan in which DFXP WD is effectively
standalone for schema module definitions.

************************************************************************
2. Action Item Review
************************************************************************

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

[EH] Work in progress. Will try to have input before F2F.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

[SH] Work in progress. Will try to have input before F2F.

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

Work in progress.

************************************************************************
3. Issues Database Review
************************************************************************

No new activity.

************************************************************************
4. F2F Planning
************************************************************************

[GA] Polls attendees on plans. GA, DK, SH, TM are definite, along with
Dick Bulterman (host).

[GA] Asks TM about John Birch invited expert status. TM sent info to GA
awaiting GA action. GA will process request to designate John as IE,
and will invite to attend upcoming meeting.

[GA] Will also ask Russ Wood (of SoftTel) if he would like to attend.

[DS] Reminds about IETF I-D on font media type. Will resend draft to
list soliciting feedback.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action Item: [GA] to finish processing request for John Birch to be
Invited Expert.

Action Item: [GA] to ensure that John Birch is invited to upcoming
F2F.

Action Item: [GA] to invite Russ Wood to upcoming F2F.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Will likely cancel 09/02 telecon due to [GA] being on plane at that
time; otherwise, normal telecon schedule.

Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Tuesday, 19 October 2004 07:49:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT