W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 05/27/04

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:14:02 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000101c48c40$1cee4770$0300000a@wistiti>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 05/27/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, scribe) [GF]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]

Regrets

  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
1. Review DFXP Profile Draft [GF]
************************************************************************

[GF] presented DFXP draft at [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004May/0037.html

[DK] can we change name? distribution format transformation profile is
a mouthfull. How about TTAF Basic?

[GA] Let's discuss name on reflector. No strong opinion, though notes
that "basic" means different things to different potential users.

[GA] suggests changing "DFXP Propertes" to read "DFXP Vocabulary".

[GA] notes that we may need to change from PF vocab (flows, flow, block,
inline) to LF vocab based on possible move to remove PF/NF vocab and
support only LF vocab. Suggests changing flows/flow/block/inline to
body/div/p/span.

[GA] may also want to not support div to simply represent a logical
sequence of text blocks (paragraphs), thus perhaps body/p/span (+ br)
is sufficient.

[GF] would like to review, but will add note that flow/div may go away.

[GF] asks about form of document.

[GA] suggests borrowing presentation of information from that adopted by
CSS TV Profile [2], or at least to consider.

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css-tv-20030514

[GA] once schema modules are updated, we should be able to factor a
DFXP/Basic profile driver out.

************************************************************************
2. September F2F Meeting Planning
************************************************************************

[DK] asks if Sep meeting confirmed.

[GA] sufficient positive responses to proceed. Will send email to member
reflector and also confirm with CWI.

************************************************************************
3. Prior CC Minutes Revision
************************************************************************

[DK] Notes input from [MD]. Will revise draft minutes and resend to
list.

************************************************************************
4. Style Module [GF]
************************************************************************

[GF] Notes he is nearly complete with examples.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] Will investigate use of media queries in this context and
report back.

Action: [DS with help of Paul Nelson and Peter Lofting] Write RFC to
register appropriate opentype/truetype font types as MIME media types,
suggest model of "application/font-<font-type-name>", e.g.,
"application/font-truetype".

Action: [GA] Make proposal regarding use of Xlink vocabulary or
"src" attribute.

Action: [GA] Draft new requirement on "Integrability"
in general terms that should not impact testing or implementation
requirements.

Action: [GA] incorporate agreed changes into TT-AF-1-0-REQ in
preparation for publishing final W3C Note.

Action: [SH] will review and propose subset of aural parameters
(see R305).

Action: [GA] Add figure showing logical structure anticipated
by requirements.

Action: [GA] Add note to R217 and R219 that shows use of data: URI
scheme.

Action: [SH] to propose subset with extensions for use in CS
Profile.

Action: [GF] investigate syntax for regions vis-a-vis style.

Action: [DK] To write up short paragraph on uses of
role tokens. Suggest removing or adding as he
progresses.

Action: [TM] to propose and define standard MD attributes. N.B.
Awaiting further discussion by WG.

Action: [DK/MD/TM] Formulate recommendation on specific and general
MD features.

Action: [GA] Need to start planning for September meeting in Japan!

Action: [SH] to draft standard ready text for subset of xquery.

Action: [DS] Based on email of 01/14, integrate with fillBehavior as
described in example.

Action: [*] For module owners, start developing test suite documents
that have feature tests in all necesary context, and no superfluous
context. Follow-on for primary spec editor will be to incorporate
fragments from these cases, but that will be subsequent to publishing
first internal draft of integrated spec.

Action: [GA] Will review XSL properties and send email on difference.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Issue: Whether to use XLink vocabulary, e.g., as used consistently by
SVG, or use "src" attribute as apparently will be done in XHTML2?

Issue: Probably want to permit in logical content mode the selection
of content based on generic XML features of non-TT namespace
descriptive markup, e.g., for applying style and timing semantics, in
which case an appropriate TT container element shall be implied based
on nearest ancestor TT namespace element.

Issue: Need to think about cascading semantics; how to express, how to
apply, etc. Possibly use CSS semantics here as well.

Issue (2004-03-05): Whether to allow block as immediate child of
inline? N.B. XSL-FO does allow this. [GA] showed example of renmoji
(horizontal block in vertical Japanese lines).

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Jun 22-24, 2004 - Mt View, CA (Microsoft)
Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004May/0037.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css-tv-20030514

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Thierry MICHEL
W3C/ERCIM
Received on Friday, 27 August 2004 14:14:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT