W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 06/03/04

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:14:02 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000001c48c40$1b14a570$0300000a@wistiti>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 06/03/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, scribe) [GF]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
1. Review DFXP Profile Update [GF]
************************************************************************

[GF] presented DFXP updated draft at [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/Group/Drafts/dfxp.html

[GF] explained that he had updated vocabulary to show PF/LF. we can
remove PF entries later if we take PF out of TT-AF-1-0.

[GA] asked about adding styling related elts to vocab list: styling,
g, style, region.

[GF] will update.

************************************************************************
2. Upcoming Meeting Planning
************************************************************************

[GA] CWI has confirmed hosting. Also Dick Bultermann asks to be added to
TTWG as member.

Action: [TM] Follow up with CWI AC rep to ensure submission of
participation agreement.

[GF] May not be able to attend; Brad Botkin would attend instead if
unable to come.

[TM] asks [SH] if wireless access will be available at MSFT site.

[SH] very unlikely; will check on wired access support.

************************************************************************
4. Metadata Module [TM]
************************************************************************

[TM] presented updated input at [2].

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0008.html

[GA] suggests we want to normatively specify namespaces of children
of meta element, but may recommend some usages (e.g., MPEG7, DC, RDF,
etc.). We do want to write schema to accept arbitrary namespace elements
as children of meta.

[GA] Would like [TM] to discuss with [DK] and [MD] whether or not to
define standard TT-AF-1-0 metadata items for defining character and
actor that could be referenced from who/agent attribute on content.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] Will investigate use of media queries in this context and
report back.

Action: [DS with help of Paul Nelson and Peter Lofting] Write RFC to
register appropriate opentype/truetype font types as MIME media types,
suggest model of "application/font-<font-type-name>", e.g.,
"application/font-truetype".

Action: [GA] Make proposal regarding use of Xlink vocabulary or
"src" attribute.

Action: [GA] Draft new requirement on "Integrability"
in general terms that should not impact testing or implementation
requirements.

Action: [GA] incorporate agreed changes into TT-AF-1-0-REQ in
preparation for publishing final W3C Note.

Action: [SH] will review and propose subset of aural parameters
(see R305).

Action: [GA] Add figure showing logical structure anticipated
by requirements.

Action: [GA] Add note to R217 and R219 that shows use of data: URI
scheme.

Action: [SH] to propose subset with extensions for use in CS
Profile.

Action: [GF] investigate syntax for regions vis-a-vis style.

Action: [DK] To write up short paragraph on uses of
role tokens. Suggest removing or adding as he
progresses.

Action: [TM] to propose and define standard MD attributes. N.B.
Awaiting further discussion by WG.

Action: [DK/MD/TM] Formulate recommendation on specific and general
MD features.

Action: [GA] Need to start planning for September meeting in Japan!

Action: [SH] to draft standard ready text for subset of xquery.

Action: [DS] Based on email of 01/14, integrate with fillBehavior as
described in example.

Action: [*] For module owners, start developing test suite documents
that have feature tests in all necesary context, and no superfluous
context. Follow-on for primary spec editor will be to incorporate
fragments from these cases, but that will be subsequent to publishing
first internal draft of integrated spec.

Action: [GA] Will review XSL properties and send email on difference.

Action: [TM] Follow up with CWI AC rep to ensure submission of
participation agreement.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Issue: Whether to use XLink vocabulary, e.g., as used consistently by
SVG, or use "src" attribute as apparently will be done in XHTML2?

Issue: Probably want to permit in logical content mode the selection
of content based on generic XML features of non-TT namespace
descriptive markup, e.g., for applying style and timing semantics, in
which case an appropriate TT container element shall be implied based
on nearest ancestor TT namespace element.

Issue: Need to think about cascading semantics; how to express, how to
apply, etc. Possibly use CSS semantics here as well.

Issue (2004-03-05): Whether to allow block as immediate child of
inline? N.B. XSL-FO does allow this. [GA] showed example of renmoji
(horizontal block in vertical Japanese lines).

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Jun 22-24, 2004 - Mt View, CA (Microsoft)
Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/Group/Drafts/dfxp.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0008.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thierry MICHEL
W3C/ERCIM
Received on Friday, 27 August 2004 14:14:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT