W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2003

Minutes - 04/03/03 Telecon

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:24:59 -0400
Message-ID: <7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03BA3F@longxuyen.xfsi.com>
To: "W3C TT Public" <public-tt@w3.org>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 04/03/03

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF1]
  Markus Gylling (Daisy) [MG]
  Markku Hakkinen (JSRPD) [MH]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]

Regrets

  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Gerry Field (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF2]
  George Kerscher (Daisy) [GK]
  Brad Botkin (WGBH/NCAM) [BB]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Absent

  Patrick Schmitz (Ludicrum, Invited Expert) [PS]

************************************************************************
Agenda
************************************************************************

1. Action Item Review
2. Open Issue Review

************************************************************************
1. Action Items Review
************************************************************************

A-1: [GA] to send email to author of editors home page to suggest
adding list of available XSLT transforms for xmlspec.

Open.

A-2: [GA] to discuss possible use of XML 1.1 with XML CG.

Open.

A-3: [GA] to inform Chris Lilley of location of comparison document so
that he can fill in an "SVG" column.

Done [by TM].

A-4: [*] Champion specific presentation markup elements as desired.

Closed. Suggest that reviewers of REQ DOC make comments.

A-5: [BB1]/[GF1] to analyze the above "Tentative Core Style Property
List" to determine if they support the style features indicated by
[GF1]'s proposed style document.

Partially done. All but XSL-FO. Change to "finish analysis".

A-6: [BB1]/[GF1] to consider use of vertical-align in their study of
style props.

Open.

A-7: [*] Consider need for CSS3 text module features.

Done.

A-8: [DS] to propose scroll (motion) animation markup.

Open. Hope to have by next CC.

A-9: [MH] to propose hilite animation markup.

Open. Will be looking at XQuery and XPath regarding pointing to
word level highliting. Next CC will be earliest he can produce.

[DS] Don't forget about transitions like fade.

A-10: [DS] to work with [GA] on resource list.

[DS] Draft produced. Will be ongoing activity to add items.

[GA] Consider this to be developing a bibliography for member use.
Create a page and reference from both member and public pages.

A-11: [GA] to create public accessible biblio page and reference
from member and public home pages.

************************************************************************
2. Open Issue Review
************************************************************************

I-1: Whether to support conditional constructions (e.g., switch)?

Resolution: support conditional constructs that are at least as
functional as <switch> ala SVG/SMIL.

I-2: Whether to support xhtml entity sets?

No input at this time.

I-3: Whether to support non-flowed text, flowed text, or both?

[DS] 3GPP says not flowed. Is concerned that flowed text be required.

[EH] Had to hack RT to handle interoperability. Problems with font
metrics, etc. From authoring standpoint, great to be able to do both.

Tentative Resolution: support both as authoring requirements.

I-4: Should we support both intrinsic and extrinsic text? i.e., text
internal and/or external to TT document(s)?

Tentative Resolution: support both as authoring requirements.

I-5: How to handle highlighting? [N.B. See A-9]

No input at this time.

I-6: Whether to support writing-mode and unicode-bidi?

Resolution: support both as authoring requirements.

[GA] probably want to draw some figures or examples in REQ DOC to
indicate that the TT AF is intended to support both editable form
and final form timed text information.

I-7: Whether to support excl/priorityClass?

[GF1] feels there are valuable uses.

Tentative Resolution: support as authoring requirement.

************************************************************************
3. Review Style Attribute Analysis
************************************************************************

[GF1] have finished initial review of all CSS specs.

[GF1] has some questions about whether animateMotion would handle
scrolling situations.

[GA] thinks that animateMotion is a lower level expression that doesn't
necessarily handle the generality expressed in live captioning for
scrolling situation, e.g., triggering of scrolling tends to occur upon
arrival of new information and not on preknown time intervals.

[GF1] will begin looking at XSL-FO.

[GA] will help with example using XSL block/inline vocabulary to
deal with certain alignment problem seen in captioning, i.e., right
aligned block within which is left aligned text.

************************************************************************
ADJOURNS at 1300h Eastern Time (US)
************************************************************************

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

Resolution: support conditional constructs that are at least as
functional as <switch> ala SVG/SMIL.

Tentative Resolution: support both flowed and non-flowed text
as authoring requirements.

Tentative Resolution: support both intrinsic and extrinsic text
as authoring requirements.

Resolution: support writing-mode and unicode-bidi as authoring
requirements.

Tentative Resolution: support excl/priorityClass functionality
as authoring requirement.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

A-1: [GA] to send email to author of editors home page to suggest
adding list of available XSLT transforms for xmlspec.

A-2: [GA] to discuss possible use of XML 1.1 with XML CG.

A-5: [BB1]/[GF1] finish analysis of "Tentative Core Style Property
List".

A-6: [BB1]/[GF1] to consider use of vertical-align in their study of
style props.

A-8: [DS] to propose scroll (motion) animation markup.

A-9: [MH] to propose hilite animation markup.

A-11: [GA] to create public accessible biblio page based on reference
list from [DS] and reference from member and public home pages.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

I-2: Whether to support xhtml entity sets?

I-5: How to handle highlighting? [N.B. See A-9]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Thursday, 22 May 2003 09:25:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:26 GMT