W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > March 2003

Minutes - 02/06/03 Telecon

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:30:45 -0500
Message-ID: <7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03B83B@longxuyen.xfsi.com>
To: "W3C TT Public" <public-tt@w3.org>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 02/06/03

Attendees

  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF1]
  George Kerscher (Daisy) [GK]
  Gerry Field (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF2]
  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Markus Gylling (Daisy) [MG]
  Markku Hakkinen (JSRPD) [MH]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]

Regrets

  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Absent

  Patrick Schmitz (Ludicrum, Invited Expert) [PS]

************************************************************************
Proposed Agenda
************************************************************************

1. Accept Minutes from 01/28.
2. Usage of TT mailing lists.
3. Review Action Items.
4. Develop Agenda for Face to Face.
5. Discuss Core Requirements.

Agenda accepted without modification.

************************************************************************
1. Minutes
************************************************************************

[RESOLVED] No need to agenda minutes acceptance; will accept by default
unless specific objection. Members to submit changes after draft published.

************************************************************************
2. Usage of TT mailing lists.
************************************************************************

[GA] Discuss mailing list usage at [GK]'s request. Describes that most
technical work should be conducted on public-tt whenever possible due
to "works in public" nature of group. The member-tt list is primarily
for WG logistics, such as: draft minutes posting, agenda management. In
addition, member list may be used for specific technical discussions
and postings prior to public discussion.

************************************************************************
3. Action Item Review
************************************************************************

ACTION: [TM] check on member reflector problems.

Done.

ACTION: [TM] try to schedule time slot for 1300h Eastern Time (US);
1000h Pacific Time (US).

Done.

ACTION: [PS] To send link to HTML WG road map.

Done.

ACTION: [*] Contact potential participants or send contact info to [GA].

[MD] BBC contacted, they are figuring out who would participate.

[GA] contacted Apple.

Done.

ACTION: [GF1] To send proposal on core features to member reflector.

Done.

ACTION: [GA] To send comparative analysis material to member reflector.

Ongoing.

************************************************************************
4. Agenda for F2F
************************************************************************

[GA] Queries members on participation intentions.

[GF1] - plan to attend
[GK]  - either GK or MG will plan
[GF2] - plan to attend
[GA]  - will attend
[EH]  - plan to attend
[MG]  - either GK or MG
[MH]  - plan to attend
[MD]  - unable to attend

[ACTION] [GA] post reminder with pointer to registration page.

[GF1] Re: meeting with SVG WG; suggest meeting on morning of second
day so as to have time to meet in group first.

[ACTION] [GA] to request SVG WG joint meeting on morning of second day.

[ACTION] [GA] Send request to members-tt requesting input on
agenda for F2F.

************************************************************************
5. Discuss Core Requirements
************************************************************************

[GA]  Describes five categories: text, semantics, style, timing, metadata.

[GA]  Will take text category.

[MG]  Can help with text.

[GA]  Notes his background with Unicode and 10646.

[GF1] Will take style category.

[GK]  Asks about where XHTML structural markup goes?

[EH]  SMIL 2 has a notion of param element.

[MG]  Should we modularize? e.g., DTD modules?

[EH]  Animation. May be good as a separate category.

[GK]  Not sure what this means? Notes confusion between
SMIL <animation> and <animate> elements.

[GA]  Not talking about cartoons <animation>; only style
property animation, viz. SMIL/SVG Animation Modules.

[GA]  Adds animation category. Will work on animation category.

[EH]  Can take timing.

[GK]  Asks about semantic category.

[MH]  Can work on semantic category. [MG] to assist.

[MD]  At [GA] request, can work on metadata but qualifies that
his primary background is in television context; may need help.

[GK]  Asks about whether Daisy talking book spec (2.0.2) is
appropriate to consider for metadata, e.g., Dublin core.

[MD]  Welcomes help from [GK], [MG], [MH].

[GF1] Where should docs be posted? Discussion follows.

Action: [*] Draft input on categories to be sent to member-tt
list for internal discussion. After F2F can post to public-tt.

************************************************************************
ADJOURNS at 1259h Eastern Time (US)
************************************************************************

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

RESOLVE: No need to formal agenda minutes acceptance; will accept by
default unless specific objection. Members to submit changes after draft
published.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

ACTION: [GA] To send comparative analysis material to member reflector.

ACTION: [GA] post reminder with pointer to registration page for F2F.

ACTION: [GA] to request SVG WG joint meeting on morning of second day.

ACTION: [GA] Send request to members-tt requesting input on
agenda for F2F.

ACTION: [*] Draft input on categories to be sent to member-tt
list for internal discussion. After F2F can post to public-tt.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Friday, 14 March 2003 16:30:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:26 GMT