Re: Proposed version of the final TPE Note we plan to publish

> On Oct 29, 2018, at 6:01 AM, Rob van Eijk <rob@blaeu.com> wrote:
>
> I think the reference in the introduction to KnowPrivacy is outdated.
>
> I suggest a different reference, e.g.,
>
> Bujlow, T., Carela-Español, V., Solé-Pareta, J., & Barlet-Ros, P.
> (2017). A survey on web tracking: Mechanisms, implications,
> and defenses. Proceedings of the IEEE, 105(8), 1476–1510.
>

> Suggested edit: A survey of these techniques and their privacy implications can be found in [Buljow et. al.]
>
> Best,
> Rob

I agree it is somewhat outdated, but KnowPrivacy serves as context for
the WG's effort.  Mothballing the draft isn't a good time to change that.

OTOH, your suggested reference is good, and I suggest we add it to a different
specification which will have a broader audience: the core HTTP Semantics in

   https://httpwg.org/http-core/draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics-latest.html

for which you can add an issue at

   https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues

I need to reorganize/rewrite its privacy considerations soon and
have a need for better references like this one.

Cheers,

....Roy