From: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>
Sent: 13 May 2018 02:41
To: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org) (public-tracking@w3.org) <public-tracking@w3.org>
Subject: Re: purposes additions to TPE

Forgive me Mike, I’m about to derail the thread for a second. In starting to read this I noticed that in 5.1, we no longer say a general purpose user agent must not send a TPE, we just say user agent. This reads as if an extension for privacy must not set DNT:1, which is contrary to what we’d had.

Is this a deliberate change?

The final paragraph of 5.1 has always been both contentious and poorly drafted (I’ll take blame for the later as result of the former.) Rather than re-open the normative text, I suggest we just give an example of interpreting DNT unset as DNT:1 in the EU and DNT:0 in the US.

Does anyone object?

 Aleecia