Re: purposes additions to TPE

Forgive me Mike, I’m about to derail the thread for a second. In starting to read this I noticed that in 5.1, we no longer say a general purpose user agent must not send a TPE, we just say user agent. This reads as if an extension for privacy must not set DNT:1, which is contrary to what we’d had.

Is this a deliberate change?

The final paragraph of 5.1 has always been both contentious and poorly drafted (I’ll take blame for the later as result of the former.) Rather than re-open the normative text, I suggest we just give an example of interpreting DNT unset as DNT:1 in the EU and DNT:0 in the US.

Does anyone object?

 Aleecia