Re: Twitter stops supporting DNT, FYI

Twitter also changed their privacy policy to track location, track apps used, track across the web, &c [0]. Dropping DNT at the same time is in some ways a compliment.

Twitter has switched to monitize data rather than respect user privacy, and DNT (as they implemented it) was getting in the way of their new approach. “Industry support” is highly unlikely to be the actual driver here, but makes for a nice press quote.

The counter is not just about industry adoption but about how many more users have DNT:1 than a DAA opt-out. Which, from Twitter’s new vantage point, is likely a bonus.

 Aleecia
 [0] http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-19/if-you-use-twitter,-better-check-your-privacy-policy/8540248