Re: 1 day extension to the CfO

On 2017-06-13 08:30, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> some people had trouble accessing the tool.
> I granted a 1-day extension.
>
> If you still cannot access the tool, please email your input to the
> list
> and we can add it later.

The tool is closed

My preference would be for option A and my objections to option B are:

- It would reduce transparency
- An other-party-array allows for a more nuanced approach to compliance
with EU-legislation, without it it is quite well possible that the TPE
has lost its usefulness for EU-compliance purposes entirely. I would
like to emphasize that the DNT;1 and DNT;undefined signals are
meaningless in a EU context, where only DNT;0 matters. Having the
ability to extend the TPE and yet-to-be-defined compliance specification
is a cop-out from this WG's responsibility. The TPE is there to define
the signals, any future TCS may define the legal implications of the
signals, but should not perform any roles the TPE already can fulfil
since that would create a chicken-and-egg problem.

Regards,

  Walter