Re: Request for Disclosure of W3C TPWG Funding Sources

Brooks,

We have not established a policy for the various sponsors of W3C events
and activities that they must be publicly disclosed.  There are quite a
number each year, and some prefer anonymity.

Last year, when there was a request for disclosure for TPWG, we
consulted with the Sponsors.  There was general comfort with disclosure
at that time; although some only wanted to disclose if all the others
would disclose as well.  I was pleased to be able to disclose the
Sponsor names with the comfort of all of the Sponsors.

I would like to give this year's Sponsors the benefit of having that
same discussion with other Sponsors for this year.

Jeff