Re: ISSUE-241 - Signals for internal / external usage of site elements (the signals formerly called "1" and "3")

Dear Chairs,

I would like to suggest that the chairs take a more active stance in
reducing proposals to text which addresses the issue being discussed.

Mike's proposal doesn't seem to have anything to do with this issue.
It instead revisits several other CLOSED issues for the sake of
simplifying the protocol. IMO, if he wants to revisit the other TSVs,
then he needs to have the chairs reopen those issues.  If he wants
to propose a "no change", then the text should reflect the current
text of the document, where "N" and "T" are currently being used
for those options.  If he just wants to change the symbols from
"N" -> "0" and "T" -> "1", then he should raise an issue specifically
for that purpose.

Likewise, Nick's text reintroduces *all* of the qualifiers that
were discussed (but never closed) under Compliance.  Any change
proposal that intends to do that must also include definitions
for the phases "frequency capping", "financial logging",
"security and anti-fraud", "debugging", and "audience measurement".
In other words, it would have to import most of Compliance.

I don't think it is fair to ISSUE-241 to mix these together.
We are only talking about the "designed for first/third-party use"
distinctions in ISSUE-241.  Other distinctions belong in their own
issues, if anywhere.  [IMO, none of them belong in TPE.]

I will add a "no change" proposal that explains why qualifiers for
1/3 are not needed under the new definition of tracking.

....Roy