Re: Agenda for January 15

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:09:15 -0800
Cc: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>, Tracking Protection Working Group <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Sid Stamm <sid@mozilla.com>

On Jan 17, 2014, at 10:05 , Sid Stamm <sid@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 01/17/2014 10:02 AM, Sid Stamm wrote:
>> But I can get behind something saying "UA makes best effort
>> to ensure validity of signal".
>
> Sorry, forgot to finish: though I'm a little uneasy about putting this
> language in a protocol spec where the main point is to dictate the
> "language" machines speak to each other.  I would think UA ensuring
> proper operation implied (or the requirements could be in the compliance
> doc).

agreed.  I always felt that the functional requirement (‘reflects the deeply held personal beliefs of the user, who is also of age and has not been convicted of a felony, or misdemeanor in the past 6 years, is not delinquent on taxes, fines, or spousal support, is free of communicable diseases and of sound mind, is not senile or otherwise incompetent,…’) is plenty.

David Singer